Disclosure: This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertise for this shrimp fajitas post. All opinions are mine alone.
An Easy One-Skillet Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas prepared in 30 minutes. A delish everyday dinner (or a great excuse to put together a taco/fajita bar for entertaining)!
Couple’s goals: make everyday occasions a little more special! 😉 Believe me, in my case it can sometimes be more of a challenge on account of my heavy work routine.
But this week my husband and I decided to make more time for ourselves as a couple regardless of whatever might come on our way.
We took advantage of the fact that our children are still in school (yep, before their long summer vacation), made room in our schedules, watched a romantic movie and had a spicy time. 😉
I mean, we had these super delish One-Skillet Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas that are easy to make in 30 minutes or less. It may sound like an everyday dish — and it is, but we made it special by putting a small taco/fajita bar together.
It was accompanied by a bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfandel, which pairs perfectly with our spicy dish, and is so affordable.
The dish is my take on Tex-Mex cuisine, since I have been living in San Antonio for almost 11 years. As a multicultural family (both American and Latin), we enjoy Tejano culture and food, including at special moments.
HOW TO MAKE ONE-SKILLET SPICY TACO SHRIMP FAJITAS
This recipe is quick and just as simple as you please!
It’s prepared with staple ingredients available at many local supermarkets.
Start by heating a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil and then cook bell peppers cut into strips and onion (purple cabbage as well if desired) for about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and place onto a plate.
Then add a bit more oil to the pan and cook shrimp seasoned with a mixture of taco seasoning and chili pepper for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle on lime juice.
Last, arrange cooked shrimp and veggies in the skillet, add sliced avocado, jalapenos, lime wedges, and fresh herbs.
Serve with GF tortillas or lettuce, and enjoy!
And of course, these are perfect for savoring with Sutter Home White Zinfandel or other Sutter Home Varietals — the perfect choice for every occasion!
Why? Because Sutter Home is a family-owned company that has been around since 1948. Moreover, it has received over 400 gold medals. producing affordable quality wines in California that bring people together to share good times.
With so many different wine varietals, Sutter offers something for everyone.
ARRANGING A FAJITA/WINE BAR
ON A SMALL TABLE, COUNTER TOP OR COFFEE TABLE: Lay out skillet of Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas, serving silverware, and tortillas placed inside of a tortilla basket to keep them warm (or a platter covered with a warm clean napkin and aluminum foil).
Also, lay out some paper baskets to arrange tacos in, or dinner plates, napkins, wine glasses, and a bottle of chilled Sutter Home White Zinfandel. If you want to, a vase of flowers and voila!
Eat and drink to the sound of a nice music soundtrack, and have a great time. 🙂
Great moments don’t have to come accompanied by a load of work. Agree?!
Well, to learn more about the varietals and to see more delicious recipes like our One-Skillet Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas, visit the Sutter Home website now.
Now, which occasion will you choose to serve our fajitas and wine? I am looking forward to hearing all about it. 😉
Easy One-Skillet Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 bell peppers (orange, yellow and green), cut into strips
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces large raw shrimp (clean, shell-and-tail off)
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (original)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 large and juicy lime
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1-2 avocado(s), sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4-6 gluten-free tortillas or other of your choice If on a keto diet, use lettuce instead
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and cook bell pepper strips and onion for about 6-8 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper and place onto a plate.
- Then add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and cook shrimp seasoned with a mixture of taco seasoning and chili pepper for about 4 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle on lime juice.
- Last, arrange cooked shrimp and vegetables in the skillet, add sliced avocado, jalapenos, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro or parsley. Serve with gluten-free tortillas or lettuce instead, and enjoy!
- I used store-bought gluten-free spinach tortillas, but you can serve with any tortilla of your choice.
- ARRANGING A FAJITA/WINE BAR: