Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes that are easy, tall, super fluffy, and topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. These can be served as a dessert/snack, or alternatively served for breakfast by replacing whipped cream with Greek Yogurt.
Pancakes for breakfast or brunch? Yes! But how about Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes for a dessert or snack that are as fluffy as a pillow? I am tellin' ya, these are so good that I often find myself craving them.
It is like savoring a classic strawberry shortcake, but in the form of pancakes.
They are tall, mildly-sweet, and pillow fluffy-- a true dessert or snack splurge that we all deserve at least once in a while! 😉
They can be made ahead and either refrigerated for a couple of days or frozen for up to a month.
I enjoyed mine in the mid-afternoon with a good cup of latte! Soooo good!
If you feel like having dessert for breakfast, don't be shy! It is a great way to start the day with a big smile on your face.
But if you want to keep things on the light side, replace whipped cream with Greek yogurt, and if desired, sprinkle on just a little bit of granola.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
The process is quite simple!
First combine the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Next, whisk egg and butter into buttermilk. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk just until lumps are gone.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat and brush bottom of skillet with vegetable oil. Pour ½ cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat process for each pancake.
Top each pancake with whipped cream (flavored with a few drops of pure vanilla extract if desired) and fresh strawberries. Enjoy while Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes are still warm.
If desired, use Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream and sprinkle on just a little bit of granola.
See? Easy peasy!
Pillow Fluffy Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 8 Tablespoons or more whipped cream (topping) or Greek yogurt if desired, flavor with a few drops of pure vanilla extract
- 8-10 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, whisk egg and melted butter into buttermilk.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk just until lumps are gone.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and brush bottom of skillet with vegetable oil.
- Pour ½ cupfuls of batter onto a 8-inch skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat process for each pancake. If desired, use Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream and sprinkle just a little bit of granola.
- Top each pancake with whipped cream (flavored with a few drops of pure vanilla extract if desired) and fresh strawberries.
- Enjoy while Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes are still warm!
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.