5-Ingredient Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler Recipe made within 30 minutes or so, and served either by itself or with a scoop of ice cream.
Fall is almost officially here… which means that we have a great excuse to prepare this tasty and comforting 5-ingredient Salted Caramel Apple Cobbler.
Yep!!! You read that right, honey! Imagine a two-in-one treat that is super easy to prepare and will knock your socks off.
HOW TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL APPLE PIE COBBLER RECIPE
All one has to do is to cut refrigerated biscuits into fourths, place into a bowl and mix with canned apple pie filling and ground cinnamon.
Next, place mixture into a buttered skillet or baking dish and bake for about 20-30 minutes. While it is still warm, drizzle your favorite caramel sauce on top, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Voila!
A truly yummy treat is ready to be devoured by spoonfuls!!!!!! And it’s so easy to put together that any child can help one to prepare.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLE PIE AND APPLE COBBLER?
The filling for both is basically the same. The difference is is encased in pie crust (either just on the bottom or both top and bottom) while cobbler is topped with some sort of dough.
CHEF’S NOTES FOR APPLE COBBLER RECIPE
- Do not top the dessert with caramel sauce and salt if dessert will not be consumed right away and at once.
- Leftovers should be placed in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Freeze for up to 4 months.
- Make sure to warm up this slated caramel aaple pie a bit in the microwave right before serving and then top with caramel sauce and salt.
- You can even use another fruit pie filling of your choice such as cherry, blueberry, or others.
- This Salted Caramel Apple Cobbler makes a great afternoon snack or quick dessert.
So back to school? Having a potluck or get-together? Perhaps receiving an unexpected visitor? Need to prepare a fuss-free treat that can be prepared without a mess? Our apple cobbler with pie filling fits the bill for these or any other occasions!
It’s truly a Fall dessert to please both adults and children — including this girl here and her family. 😉
Well, enjoy the upcoming baking season and all the goodies that it has to offer.
OTHER APPLE DESSERTS:
- 4-Ingredient Dulce de Leche Apple Hand Pies
- Keto Apple Pie
- Salted Caramel Apple Cider
- Ruby Apple Pie
- Apple Almond Skillet Cake
- Candy Corn Apple Pops
- Apple Spice Baked Oatmeal with Caramelized Apples
It is great being back to celebrate the upcoming Fall season — and my 45th birthday on September 6th, as well. 😉
P.S.: What’s your favorite Fall treat?
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler
- 2 21 oz cans apple pie filling or topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1 (16.3 oz can refrigerated biscuits, cut each into fourths or quarters
- your favorite caramel sauce to drizzle
- coarse sea salt to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cast iron skillet or large rectangular baking dish (13 x 9-inch) with unsalted butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon or apple pie spice. If you would like, you can mix in one teaspoon of fresh lemon/lime juice -- but only if you are not using a cast iron skillet.
- Then, gently mix in the pieces of biscuits. Pour mixture into the prepared skillet or baking dish, making sure to arrange everything into a single layer in such a way that biscuits will have space to rise. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are puffed, golden brown, and fully cooked.
- Remove skillet/baking dish from oven, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle a bit of coarse sea salt on top. Serve Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!