Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReddiForNonDairy #CollectiveBias
This 20-minute Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding is made with 6 ingredients and delivers a ton of comforting flavors all year round.
On the lookout for non-dairy, gluten-free desserts that you can enjoy all year round? Something you can quickly prepare and serve to guests with food intolerances?
Well, we got you covered! This spoon-licking Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding fits all the above and more. It’s creamy, comforting and quite indulgent… a real hit!
It’s also unbelievably simple to prepare, requiring no cooking skills.
All you need to do is to combine brown sugar, lactose-free butter, and 1/2 cup almond milk in a saucepan and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once mixture turns a dark caramel color, whisk in cornstarch dissolved in the remaining almond milk, boil and then simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
Stir in almond extract, pour into ramekins, let cook, cover, and refrigerate until fully set. Right before serving, place a generous dollop of Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping and garnish with toasted almond slices if desired.
There you have it: an elegant, crowd-pleasing dessert for any and all seasons.
One more thing– all ingredients are conveniently available at Walmart…
… including Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping , which has all the Reddi-wip® goodness you crave, without dairy, gluten, artificial flavors or artificial sweeteners.
It’s perfect for topping off your favorite desserts, fruit, your coffee, and of course, our Non-dairy Almond Caramel Pudding.
At 10 calories per 2 tablespoons, you can call it guilt-free, too — although not a low calorie food! It’s instant gratification and an extra dollop of fun. 😉
So yep, add a little, enjoy a lot!
HOW TO MAKE NON-DAIRY ALMOND CARAMEL PUDDING
Toasting Almonds on the Stovetop
To quickly toast almonds, heat a no-stick skillet over medium heat. Put in the almonds and let them toast, shaking pan occasionally, until lightly golden brown and fragrant.
Transfer to a plate and let cool before storing them in a plastic bag at room temperature. Use as a garnish for our Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding.
PIN & ENJOY!
Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 3 1/2 cups almond milk, divided
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp almond extract
- Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping
- toasted almond slices to garnish (optional)
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, and 1/2 cup almond milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until obtaining a dark caramel-like color.
- In a bowl, whisk cornstarch together with 1 cup of almond milk until fully dissolved (with no lumps). Stir in the rest of the milk and add to the brown sugar mixture.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 5-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in almond extract. Pour pudding into ramekins, let cool, cover, and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with a generous dollop of Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping and garnish with toasted almond slices, if desired.