Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReddiForNonDairy #CollectiveBias
This 20-minute Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding is made with 6 ingredients and delivers a ton of comforting flavors all year round.
On the lookout for non-dairy, gluten-free desserts that you can enjoy all year round? Something you can quickly prepare and serve to guests with food intolerances?
Well, we got you covered! This spoon-licking Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding fits all the above and more. It's creamy, comforting and quite indulgent... a real hit!
It's also unbelievably simple to prepare, requiring no cooking skills.
All you need to do is to combine brown sugar, lactose-free butter, and ½ cup almond milk in a saucepan and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once mixture turns a dark caramel color, whisk in cornstarch dissolved in the remaining almond milk, boil and then simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
Stir in almond extract, pour into ramekins, let cook, cover, and refrigerate until fully set. Right before serving, place a generous dollop of Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping and garnish with toasted almond slices if desired.
There you have it: an elegant, crowd-pleasing dessert for any and all seasons.
One more thing-- all ingredients are conveniently available at Walmart...
... including Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping , which has all the Reddi-wip® goodness you crave, without dairy, gluten, artificial flavors or artificial sweeteners.
It's perfect for topping off your favorite desserts, fruit, your coffee, and of course, our Non-dairy Almond Caramel Pudding.
At 10 calories per 2 tablespoons, you can call it guilt-free, too -- although not a low calorie food! It's instant gratification and an extra dollop of fun. 😉
So yep, add a little, enjoy a lot!
HOW TO MAKE NON-DAIRY ALMOND CARAMEL PUDDING
Toasting Almonds on the Stovetop
To quickly toast almonds, heat a no-stick skillet over medium heat. Put in the almonds and let them toast, shaking pan occasionally, until lightly golden brown and fragrant.
Transfer to a plate and let cool before storing them in a plastic bag at room temperature. Use as a garnish for our Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding.
PIN & ENJOY!
Non-Dairy Almond Caramel Pudding
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon non-dairy butter
- 3 ½ cups almond milk, divided
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon almond extract
- Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping
- toasted almond slices to garnish (optional)
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, and ½ cup almond milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until obtaining a dark caramel-like color.
- In a bowl, whisk cornstarch together with 1 cup of almond milk until fully dissolved (with no lumps).
- Stir in the rest of the milk and add to the brown sugar mixture.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 5-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in almond extract. Pour pudding into ramekins, let cool, cover, and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with a generous dollop of Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping and garnish with toasted almond slices, if desired.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
Karen (Back Road Journal) says
I'm passing the recipe along to a neighbor. She and her husband only use almond milk and both have a real sweet tooth. This would be a perfect dessert for them.
Denise Browning says
Ty! I hope they have the chance to try and enjoy.
Non dairy pudding? Count me in, sounds fabulous!
Denise Browning says
It is delicious!