This quick and delicious Caramel Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is made with simple dairy-free ingredients and tastes like Autumn!
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
Fall is in the air! Yay!!! It is time to prepare comforting autumn recipes to keep you warm and cozy. Our dairy-free Caramel Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is the one of the easiest and most delicious hot beverages for you to enjoy this season. And you know what? It can be prepared in 15 minutes, with only 6 essential ingredients purchased at Walmart, saving us time to enjoy all the other perks that Fall has to offer.
It is prepared with 6 (yes, just 6) needed dairy-free ingredients: Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk, natural unsweetened cocoa (100% cacao), pumpkin pie spice, sugar, mini marshmallows, and caramel sauce. To make the hot chocolate thicker, we optionally added just a wee bit of dairy-free dark chocolate, and also served with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
And you know what? I loved the convenience of being able to purchase Silk®Almondmilk right from the Walmart dairy case. And so will you!
To prepare this beverage, all we have to do is to simmer Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in cocoa and pumpkin pie spice until no lumps remain. Finally add dark chocolate (if desired) and sugar, and then cook, whisking frequently, until mixture is smooth and creamy and chocolate is melted (about 2-4 minutes).
Voila! It’s time to divide the hot chocolate into mugs…
… top with mini marshmallows…
… and a drizzle of caramel sauce. To make it even more scrumptious, you can drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the marshmallows if desired.
As you can see, a cup of chocolaty goodness is all ready and waiting for you — perfect for sharing with your loved ones. This Caramel Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is rich, smooth, comforting, and oh-so-good, including for those who are lactose-intolerant.
Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk, Silk® Light Vanilla Almondmilk, and all other Silk® Almondmilk flavors — the new silky smooth taste you’ll love– are dairy-free and lactose-free. Actually, they contain 50% more calcium than dairy milk, and absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat. They make the perfect ingredient to use in your favorite seasonal, holiday, or everyday recipe — the perfect companion for your cereal, hot beverages, desserts, soups, and more.
Quick and hot beverages are a must for rainy Fall days in my household. And how about yours? I would love to hear what your favorite Silk® Unsweetened flavor is, as well as your most enjoyable dairy-free recipe.
Cheers to the season!!!
TO PIN TILL YOU DROP:
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa (100% cacao)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice**
- 4 ounces (about 1/3 cup full) dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped or chips (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoons demerara or granulated sugar
- mini marshmallows (topping)
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce (topping)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (topping), optional
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium-high heat. Whisk in cocoa and pumpkin pie spice until no lumps remain. Then whisk in dark chocolate (if desired, but it will make drink thicker and creamier) and sugar. Let cook, whisking frequently, until mixture is smooth and chocolate had melted (approximately 4 minutes).
- Divide hot chocolate among 2 mugs. Top with mini marshmallows and drizzle with caramel sauce (1 tablespoon per mug) and optionally with chocolate syrup (1 tablespoon per mug). Enjoy dairy-free caramel pumpkin spice hot chocolate!
You can add more sugar to the recipe or even use a sugar substitute if desired. The amount of marshmallow is free -- it depends on you!