3-ingredient, 10-minute, Fun Halloween Creepy Jello Cups made from orange gelatin and candies. A gluten-free treat that is a hit among kids and adults!
Halloween has arrived! Although I didn't grow up celebrating this fun event, as an adult I have often dressed up in costumes and gone trick-or-treating with my daughters.
This year we are sharing a quick, easy, and fun "recipe": Halloween Jello Cups!!!
They are something that one can make in the blink of an eye, saving time for Moms so that they can take care of other stuff... and of course they are also lots of fun for the kiddos and TEENS, too.
I mean, whose kid/teen doesn't love gelatin and candy? Both of them together in a mini cup is much, much better, don't you think?
OTHER HALLOWEEN TREATS
If you'd like to celebrate the date with many different treats, here are 5 HALLOWEEN easy treats to make your party tasty and fun:
1. Creepy Jello Cups (quick)
2. Mother-in-Law's Eyes (gluten-free)
3. Pumpkin Brigadeiros (gluten-free)
4. Chocolate-Apple Halloween Owl (gluten-free)
5. Brigadeiro Cupcakes (Cute Spider, RIP, and Black Cat)
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN JELLO CUPS
In a heatproof glass pitcher, dissolve gelatin powder in boiling water, stirring very well until gelatin is fully dissolved.
Pour mixture into 80 ml (about 3-ounce) plastic mini cups and place in the fridge for about 1 hour, or until gelatin is semi-set (not liquid, but also not yet set...i.e. it is just starting to become solid, so that candy can still penetrate easily into the gelatin).
Remove cups from the fridge and place one gummy body part into each cup. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until gelatin has set. Remove jello cups 10 to 15 minutes prior to serving (so that candy can soften). Enjoy!
Try also our Halloween rice krispie treats!
Halloween Creepy Jello Cups
- 3 ounce orange gelatin powder 85 g
- 2 cups boiling water
- Gummy body parts candy, available at local supermarkets
- In a heatproof glass pitcher, dissolve gelatin powder in boiling water, stirring very well until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour mixture into 80 ml (about 3-ounce) plastic mini cups and refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until gelatin is semi-set (not liquid, but also not yet completely set...i.e. it is just starting to solidify, so that candy can still penetrate easily into the gelatin).
- Remove cups from the refrigerator and place one gummy body part into each cup. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until gelatin has completely set. Remove jello cups 10 to 15 minutes prior to serving ( so that candy can soften)... Enjoy!!!
- Do not place gummy body parts candy into the hot dissolved gelatin, otherwise candy will melt.
- These creepy jello cups can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. Do not freeze!
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.