Mississippi mudslide is a 3-ingredient boozy chocolate milkshake that will sweep off your feet. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream and pecans for a richer drink.
After school, my eldest daughter usually asks me what surprise I have in store for her. Although I have a creative mind, I do not let it take flight that often.
But this afternoon was an exception…Mississippi Mudslides is what I want!!!
I made her a quick yet tasty treat, Mississippi Mudslide (non-alcoholic version, of course)… This chocolate milkshake drink-dessert is perfect for either children or adults.
The recipe was adapted from Southern Living Magazine.
HOW TO MAKE MISSISSIPPI MUDSLIDES
Blend the ice cream, milk, and booze in a blender until smooth.
Then, pour into cups, top with 3-5 large marshmallows, and brown them slightly with a torch.
Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkled chopped pecans, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!!!
CHEF’S NOTES FOR BOOZY CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE
- Its ingredients are often already right at hand in your pantry and fridge. So prepare it quickly at the last minute, and no one will be disappointed!!!
- It’s gluten-free!
- If you are intolerant to dairy products, use a soy-based ice cream and either a soy/rice milk or lactose-free milk.
- If you are worried about your waistline — like me — don’t be sad: just use a reduced-fat ice cream, fat-free milk, and a smaller cup.
- Using these simple calorie-smart steps is the way not to deprive yourself of the good things in life… 🙂
- Drink right away or place in the fridge (without garnishes) for 24 hours. Make sure to mix well before drinking. It won’t be as creamy as when blended.
OTHER DRINK RECIPES
- Dairy-free caramel pumpkin spice hot chocolate
- Pomegranate caipirinha
- Peach rosemary Michelada
- Frozen Pineapple Mint Margarita
- Hibiscus tea
- Avocado smoothie
- Pina colada cheesecake smoothie
- Salted caramel apple cider
- Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
PIN & ENJOY!
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon, Kahlua, or Bailey's Irish Cream (optional)
- Blend the first 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into cups, top with 3-5 large marshmallows, and brown them slightly with a torch. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkled chopped pecans, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!!!
- Garnishes: Large marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped toasted pecans, and chocolate shavings.
- For a dairy-free version, use a soy-based ice cream, and either a soy/rice milk or lactose-free milk. Use dairy-free whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.
- This Mississippi Mudslides recipe was adapted from the one in Southern Living Magazine - October 2012 edition.