Mississippi mudslide is a 3-ingredient boozy chocolate milkshake that will sweep off your feet. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream and pecans for a richer drink.
After school, my eldest daughter usually asks me what surprise I have in store for her. Although I have a creative mind, I do not let it take flight that often.
But this afternoon was an exception...Mississippi Mudslides is what I want!!!
I made her a quick yet tasty treat, Mississippi Mudslide (non-alcoholic version, of course)... This chocolate milkshake drink-dessert is perfect for either children or adults.
The recipe was adapted from Southern Living Magazine.
HOW TO MAKE MISSISSIPPI MUDSLIDES
Blend the ice cream, milk, and booze in a blender until smooth.
Then, pour into cups, top with 3-5 large marshmallows, and brown them slightly with a torch.
Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkled chopped pecans, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!!!
CHEF'S NOTES FOR BOOZY CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE
- Its ingredients are often already right at hand in your pantry and fridge. So prepare it quickly at the last minute, and no one will be disappointed!!!
- It's gluten-free!
- If you are intolerant to dairy products, use a soy-based ice cream and either a soy/rice milk or lactose-free milk.
- If you are worried about your waistline -- like me -- don't be sad: just use a reduced-fat ice cream, fat-free milk, and a smaller cup.
- Using these simple calorie-smart steps is the way not to deprive yourself of the good things in life... 🙂
- Drink right away or place in the fridge (without garnishes) for 24 hours. Make sure to mix well before drinking. It won't be as creamy as when blended.
OTHER DRINK RECIPES
- Dairy-free caramel pumpkin spice hot chocolate
- Pomegranate caipirinha
- Peach rosemary Michelada
- Frozen Pineapple Mint Margarita
- Hibiscus tea
- Avocado smoothie
- Pina colada cheesecake smoothie
- Salted caramel apple cider
- Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
PIN & ENJOY!
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup bourbon, Kahlua, or Bailey's Irish Cream (optional)
- Blend the first 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into cups, top with 3-5 large marshmallows, and brown them slightly with a torch. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkled chopped pecans, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!!!
- Garnishes: Large marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped toasted pecans, and chocolate shavings.
- For a dairy-free version, use a soy-based ice cream, and either a soy/rice milk or lactose-free milk. Use dairy-free whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.
- This Mississippi Mudslides recipe was adapted from the one in Southern Living Magazine - October 2012 edition.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
This dessert looks beautiful. hAnd seems like it's easy to make! I love international cuisines, so I am glad I found the blog with Brazilian cuisine.
Denise Browning says
Thanks a lot, Julia!!!!!!!!!!! Here will find not only Brazilian recipes, but also fusions and several others that my family enjoys (international cuisines). This recipe is American and it's very quick and easy to make. My family and I love to drink it!!! Thanks for visiting...By the way, I love your pictures. You have a gorgeous blog. xx
Olá Denise! Vim conhecer seu blog e adorei! Adorei o estilo do blog, as fotos e as receitas! Tudo é muito lindo!!! E essas fotos milkshakes....hmmm, deixaram-me com água na boca!!!!!))) Parecem fantásticas!!!
Denise Browning says
Obrigada por vir ao meu site e pela gentileza de suas palavras, Miúda! Fico contente que você gostou dos Mississippi Milkshakes... Eu também gostei das suas receitas. Só de ver o cajuzinhos me deu aquela saudade do Brasil. Me deu também aquela vontade de comê-los. Que pena que moramos longe uma da outra. Um abraço e tudo de bom.