Fruit cocktail drink is a refreshing and delicious blend of fruits blended with sweetened condensed milk, ice, and cachaça, white rum, or vodka.
What a hot and stressful day!!!!!!!!!!!!! To refresh myself and clear my mind, I made what in Brazil we call coquetel de frutas, which means literally fruit cocktail drink.
Because I rarely drink alcohol, I made mine virgin.
I basically blended tropical fruits with berries and condensed milk… and in just a few minutes, heaven in a cup was ready.
How I love this kind of treat: quick, easy, and delicious (QED) — just like the many other recipes that can be found in the “QED” section of this blog.
I cannot have enough of these recipes. They are such bliss on troublesome days. If you have some favorites of your own, you will know exactly what I am talking about. If you don’t, I invite you to make one of these virgin drinks for yourself, sit in a cool place, and relax. Ahhhhhh….
Enjoy the moment and our fruit cocktail drink!
Fruit Cocktail Drink (Coquetel de Frutas)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berry blend strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry
- 1 cup fresh papaya peeled, deseeded, and cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple peeled, cored, and cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons cachaça or rum for the non-virgin version (optional)
- 3 tablespoons groselha syrup ** optional
- ** This is a syrup made of red currants which is highly regarded by Brazilians and the Portuguese.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender -- except the groselha syrup-- until well mixed and creamy, and then, strain. Pour 1 tablespoon of groselha syrup into the bottom of each cup, swirl, pour in the fruit cocktail, and then serve chilled.
- Note: There are many varied recipes for fruit cocktail in Brazil. You can personalize yours by blending together condensed milk with fresh or frozen fruits of your preference (always combining neutral with acidic fruits) or even fruit juices. Other optional ingredients include a little bit of heavy cream, or for a non-virgin version, alcohol.
You might also like:
Coffee with Guaraná