“This post is sponsored by Hidden Valley Ranch but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.”
5-Ingredient, One Pan Keto Ranch Chicken Thighs is an easy and super yummy weeknight meal made in less than 30 minutes. Dinner has never been so good! What makes it even better is that this delicious recipe is keto as well.
Dinner has never been so easy, folks! This Cast Iron Keto Ranch Chicken Thighs brings big flavors to the table without having to put too much work into it. This is an one pan meal made with only 5 ingredients in 25 minutes. It’s sure to make the list of family favorite dinners!
After a busy day of work or taking care of the kids, who wants to spend a long time in the kitchen? Easy and quick meals are key, right?!
This simple and tasty ranch chicken recipe from Hidden Valley® Ranch calls for chicken thighs, garlic, olive oil, pepper, and the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker — which are available at many local grocery stores. All you have to do is to season the chicken, sear the skin on the stove top, and then roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Easy peasy!
This is possible because the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker is the perfect in-the-flow seasoning that adds much-needed YUM to any meal. It contains a blend of herbs and spices, bringing big, zesty flavor to all types of foods.
It’s easy and convenient to use it. Sprinkle on meats, veggies, pasta, rice, and even popcorn… or simply add to sauces or dips, and use to make Ranch dressing from scratch. It can also replace your salt and pepper shaker like no other seasoning. As you can see, it’s a versatile blend, and so complete that you can do without having to add other spices. It is great for using in recipes and as an all-around table seasoning.
I’m tellin’ ya, just sprinkle Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker on your favorite dishes and enjoy the huge boost in flavor. For more info about Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker and other easy recipes like these Ranch Chicken Thighs, click HERE.
HOW TO PICK CHICKEN THIGHS FOR RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE
- Look for a U.S.D.A. Grade A rating and a “sell-by” date stamp. This means the chicken was inspected.
- Buy skin-on chicken thighs that are creamy white (never gray or pasty). Odor should never be unpleasant.
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs cost less than the boneless ones.
- When seared on the stove top and then roasted in the oven, the skin crisps up and develops a crunch. It’s not only tasty, but it prevents the chicken from drying out. They are ideal for this Ranch Chicken Thighs recipe.
HOW TO MAKE KETO RANCH CHICKEN THIGHS
First, preheat oven to 425°F.
Second, pat dry chicken thighs and then season them with both Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker and black pepper on both sides.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the pan and reserve.
Then increase heat to medium-high, place chicken thighs, skin-side down, into the skillet, and sear for about 6 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden brown. Turn the chicken over, return the garlic to the pan and transfer skillet to the oven.
Last, let chicken roast on oven middle rack until it reaches an internal temp of 165°F, about 15 minutes.
Serve ranch chicken by itself or topped with Ranch dressing and fresh herbs, and any side of your choice.
KETO RANCH DRESSING
Use Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker to prepare a keto ranch dressing for yourself.
To make about one cup, whisk 1 1/2 (one and a half) tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker with 1/2 cup almond milk (or heavy cream) and 1/2 cup mayo until smooth. You can serve over Ranch Chicken Thighs if desired.
CHEF’S NOTES FOR RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE
- Make sure to let chicken sit out of the fridge for 20-30 minutes before cooking. It helps to cook uniformly.
- Season chicken on BOTH sides.
- Depending on your stove (if gas or electric) or your preference (more or less crispy skin), you may sear skin for 2-3 minutes, or for 6-8 minutes.
- Roast garlic along with chicken in the oven, or reserve it to add to the skillet only after roasting chicken. It’s your choice!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
OTHER RECIPES TO ADD HVR SEASONING SHAKER TO
Cast Iron Keto Ranch Chicken Thighs
5-Ingredient, One Pan Keto Ranch Chicken Thighs is an easy and super yummy weeknight meal made in less than 30 minutes. Dinner has never been so good! It's keto, low carb, Whole30, paleo, and gluten-free. Recipe from HiddenValley.Com
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Shaker
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp
extra-virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
On a cutting board pat dry the chicken thighs, then season with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker and black pepper on both sides.
In a large, oven-safe skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
Increase the heat to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in the skillet, then sear for 6–8 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden brown. Turn the chicken over, then return the garlic to the pan. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast on middle rack of the oven until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 15 minutes.