A 30-minute, easy to prepare, super flavorful pan grilled pork chops served with chimichurri sauce (parsley pesto).
Father’s Day will be arriving here in the United States very soon… and I will be serving one of my husband’s favorite dishes: these super flavorful Pan Grilled Pork Chops with Chimichurri sauce (parsley pesto). Yep, it works great as a “guy dish” — on account of the grilling and meat involved (although this girl here is also a huge fan!) 🙂
These Pan Grilled Pork Chops are easily prepared by marinating the meat with a mixture of salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh rosemary.
Then, the pork chops are cooked for about 12 minutes in a grill pan and… voila, my friend! A dish fit for a king is ready to be devoured until the very last bite.
Simple! Oh… and quick, too, because the entire dish takes about 30 minutes to prepared A real present for both the cook and eater.
Serve our Pan Grilled Pork Chops topped with chimichurri sauce, a side of steamed, baked or roasted baby potatoes, and a fresh salad or steamed vegetables like green beans or asparagus… and just wait and see how your honey will look at you. 😉 Texas toast or a good hard crust bread goes along well too.
The chimichurri sauce or parsley pesto can be prepared up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated. Just let it come to room temp before serving. If you prefer, buy a prepared basil pesto instead to serve with the chops.
Our dish works great as a weeknight meal or for serving on Father’s Day and other occasions.
I confess that I wanted to keep the recipe simple yet delicious, hearty, and desirable to a man’s eyes. 😉 After all, one of the most important men in my life deserves this type of TLC and more.
Are you smiling? Well, my hubby is too! That’s not all! We are serving the best lemon pie ever for dessert…
Well, Happy Father’s Day… to my husband as well as to all the wonderful men that have taken on the task of raising children with a loving and caring heart. May all that you give be multiplied to you in return!
TO PIN TILL YOU DROP:
Pan Grilled Pork Chops
- 3 pounds center cut pork chops (thick cut), bone-in about 4 pork chops
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- chimichurri sauce (see recipe link in notes), optional
- Season both sides of the 4 pork chops with a mixture of salt and pepper. Then, stir in 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, mustard, juice of 1 lemon, and rosemary in a small bowl and spread on both sides of the 4 pork chops. Let marinate into a large ziploc bag for about 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- If meat was refrigerated, let it come to room temp before cooking. Heat a large grill pan over high heat until sizzling hot, add 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil (make sure to swirl the pan to coat it with oil), and place the pork chops inside in a single layer. Let cook for about 3 minutes on one side and turn to cook for about 3 minutes on the other side. Grill marks will appear! Turn the chops to position in a way to make checkboard grilled marks, reduce heat to medium, and let cook for 5 minutes. The part of the chops that are close to the bone should be placed standing up vertically to cook for about 30-60 seconds more, otherwise that area can be undercooked. If you insert a thermometer it should read 145 degrees F.
- Place cooked pork chops on a plate, squeeze the other lemon on top of the chops, and let rest for at least 3 minutes before serving, accompanied by chimichurri sauce or basil pesto. Enjoy!
- For the chimichurri sauce recipe, click here. If desired, serve with a good store-bought basil pesto instead.
- Side Suggestions: Steamed, baked, or roasted baby potatoes, Texas toast or a hard crusted bread and/or a fresh salad or steamed vegetables such as green beans or asparagus.