Disclosure: This is a paid campaign in collaboration with Cacique Inc. and Society Culinaria.
An ooey-gooey, salty-sweet and mildly spicy Cranberry Jalapeno Queso Fundido Dip to serve as an easy appetizer for the holidays. It’s low carb, keto, and gluten-free!
We’re gonna start this holiday with an easy and quick appetizer, Queso Fundido Dip… oh my! It is so ooey-gooey, salty-sweet and mildly spicy…
… truly the best dish to start such an great celebration. The best thing about this appetizer is that it requires just a few simple ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
It can also feed a lot of mouths! It’s also low carb, keto, and gluten-free!
HOW TO MAKE QUESO FUNDIDO DIP
All you have to do is to heat olive oil in a medium skillet and sweat diced onions.
Then stir in white wine and melting cheeses such as Cacique Queso Manchego and Queso Quesadilla until melted and bubbly.
Next, all that is needed is to add a chopped jalapeno, dried cranberries and fresh herbs.
And voilà, you have an instant, crowd-pleasing starter, ready to be eaten by hungry tummies… and it is even better served with tortilla chips.
ABOUT CACIQUE CHEESES
The Queso Quesadilla (a nutty and buttery cheese with a creamy mouth feel) and Queso Manchego (a nutty, hearty-flavored cheese), located at a local supermarket near you here.
To find out more about these and other Cacique products, please click on the link above.
I am telling ya, there is nothing more delish than several scoops of those warm, melted cheeses serve with the crunchy sound of crispy tortilla chips.
Ay, ay, ay… right now I feel like reaching out for that skillet of queso fundido again.
I want to gobble up everything… all by myself! But sharing is a must for this holiday occasion, especially sharing with those that you are thankful for– all of those who make one’s life happy.
Our Jalapeno Dip is one thing that one can make and share with them!
I wish for your holiday party to be magical — with am overflowing table and people that you love.
From my family to yours,
Cranberry Jalapeno Queso Fundido Dip
- 1/3 cup olve oil
- 1/2 small white onion minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 10 oz Cacique® Queso Manchego coarsely shredded
- 10 oz Cacique® Queso Quesadilla coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 jalapeno peppers de-seeded (1 chopped and 1 cut into rounds)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- In a medium heavy bottom skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions until translucent, stirring occasionally for about 4-5 minutes. Add the wine and let simmer for about 60 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add both cheeses slowly, about one cupful at a time and whisking constantly allowing it to become blended and smooth between additions.
- Stir in dried cranberries and chopped jalapeños. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary leaves and garnish with the jalapeño rounds. Serve while hot with tortilla chips on the side.
- This appetizer can be prepared 30 minutes ahead if time and let sit at room temperature. To reheat, warm a skillet with the queso fundido over medium heat, then stir until melted and bubbly.