Guilt-Free Blueberry Smoothie Papaya Boats sweetened with honeycomb and topped with fruits, chia, and mint. Perfect for breakfast/snack New Year’s resolutions!
To prepare this easy complete meal, slice a medium ripe papaya in half, remove the seeds with a spoon, and reserve the papaya halves.
Then, blend frozen blueberries with fat-free Greek yogurt and Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar (both the comb and honey itself) in a blender, until smooth.
Finally, pour the smoothie into the two papaya boats/halves, and garnish on top with a piece of honeycomb, fresh blueberries, strawberry slices, fresh or dried halved figs, chia seeds, and mint leaves.
I kid you not, in just a few minutes an antioxidant, protein-loaded breakfast fit for a champion will be ready to be enjoyed with a huge smile on your face.
Although it is a complete meal in itself, if you prefer you could serve accompanied by a cup of coffee or tea.
All the ingredients, including Don Victor® Honey, are conveniently available at Walmart. Note that Don Victor® Honey can be found in the Walmart Hispanic foods aisle .
It is a raw, filtered honey, not heated or processed in any other way… perfect for celebrating the New Year and the resolutions that come along with it. Keep it at hand to incorporate into delicious recipes such as breakfast/snack toasts, smoothies, English muffins, hot biscuits, French toast, and pancakes. And you know what? Buy more than one jar and give one away to a friend or family member to share the joy and commitment to a wholesome new year. 😉
If you’re wandering if the honeycomb can be eaten, the answer is YES!!! And so we blended it into a blueberry smoothie — the honeycomb did not melt but became soft and aromatic. Another favorite trick of mine is to use the honeycomb in cocktails. Imagine celebrating your New Year’s Eve with a glass of champagne mixed with a few drops of orange juice, spruced up with a honeycomb and mint leaves. I am telling you, you’d have your guests smiling from ear to ear with the beauty and deliciousness of their drinks. 🙂 Just thinking about it gets me excited!
Actually, upscale restaurants often serve honeycombs in the center of a platter surrounded by a selection of expensive cheeses and multi-grain crackers. This gives me the alternative idea of serving crackers topped with cheddar or brie and topping it all off with a small chunk of honeycomb. Neat, right?
Well, start the year off on the right foot… and be healthy and happy! After all, healthy food doesn’t have to be boring!
For now, enjoy our yummy Blueberry Smoothie Papaya Boats and… HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Guilt-Free Blueberry Smoothie Papaya Boats
- 1 medium ripe papaya
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 (5.3 oz) cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2-4 Tablespoons Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar (plus the honeycomb)
- Assorted fruits, for topping (e.g. fresh blueberries, strawberry slices, fresh or dried fig halves)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, divided
- fresh mint leaves
- Slice a medium ripe papaya in half, remove the seeds with a spoon, and reserve the papaya halves.
- Then, blend frozen blueberries with fat-free Greek yogurt, Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey (both the honey and a piece of the honeycomb) in a blender until smooth.
- Finally, pour smoothie into the 2 papaya boats/halves, and garnish top of each with a piece of honeycomb, fresh blueberries, strawberry slices, fresh or dried fig halves, 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds, and mint leaves. Enjoy!