Brazilian Carrot Cupcakes, filled with Nutella and topped with cream cheese frosting, that can be quickly prepared in the kitchen blender. The Best Easter cupcake recipe ever!
This Brazilian version is easier to prepare than typical carrot cupcakes because the batter is blended in the kitchen blender.
They are also moister, less sweet, and have carrots as the sole flavoring agent.
That means no nuts, pineapple, or coconut, as well as no visible pieces of carrot, making them a super friendly treat for kids.
In addition, they are filled with Nutella and topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting.
As you can see, our Easter Cupcake Recipe differ from their American counterparts.
My children went crazy for them -- and so will your kids.
HOW TO MAKE KITCHEN BLENDER BRAZILIAN CARROT CUPCAKES
To prepare this carrot cupcake recipe, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a standard muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
In the cup of a kitchen blender, blend carrots, oil, butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla, salt, eggs, flour, and baking powder until well combined.
Make sure to run a spatula along the side to mix flour well. If necessary, blend a little more until mixture is uniform.
Pour mixture into cupcake liners, filling to ¾ full.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
While they are cooling down, prepare cream cheese frosting.
In the bowl of a mixer, combine softened cream cheese and butter, powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla.
Beat until homogeneous and smooth (without lumps). Place frosting into a piping bag and reserve.
Once Brazilian Carrot Cake Cupcakes are cool, make a hole in the center using a melon ball or teaspoon. Fill each with 1 teaspoon Nutella.
Then, top carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and garnish with Cadbury eggs or as desired.
SHOULD CREAM CHEESE FROSTING BE REFRIGERATED?
Yes! In fact, cover and refrigerate any cake or cupcake such as our easy carrot cupcakes that has cream cheese frosting.
To unchill, take treat out of the fridge at least an hour before serving in order to bring them to room temp.
The same applies for these Easter cupcakes!
HOW LONG WILL CREAM CHEESE LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
Place cream cheese frosting in an airtight container and store in either the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
WHY IS MY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING LUMPY?
Cream cheese frosting turns out lumpy when it contains lumps of unmixed cream cheese, butter, and/or powdered sugar.
To avoid a lumpy frosting, make sure that both the cream cheese and butter are at room temp before beating, and powdered sugar is added slowly.
Additionally, beat mixture well or until creamy and smooth.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN A RUNNY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING?
To thicken a cream cheese frosting, simply mix in a bit more powdered sugar, gradually.
It's important to not add too much at once, otherwise frosting will become too thick and too sweet.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING MORE RUNNY?
For every 1 cup of powdered sugar, gradually add 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of milk or lemon juice until smooth.
If it gets too runny, simply add a few more spoonfuls of powdered sugar.
PIN & ENJOY!
Kitchen Blender Brazilian Carrot Cupcakes
- 3 cups carrots peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 18 teaspoon Nutella
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter (or 1 stick)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Cadbury mini eggs optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the cup of a kitchen blender, blend carrots, oil, melted butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla, salt, eggs, flour, and baking powder until well combined. Make sure to run a spatula along the sides to mix flour well. If necessary, blend a little more until mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners, filling ¾ full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. While they are cooling down, prepare cream cheese frosting.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine softened cream cheese and butter, powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Beat until homogeneous, creamy, and smooth (without lumps).
- Place frosting into a piping bag and reserve. Once carrot cupcakes are cool, make a hole in the center using a melon ball or teaspoon. Fill each with 1 teaspoon Nutella. Then, top cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and garnish with Cadbury eggs, or as desired.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.