No Bake Cookie Butter Oatmeal Cookies, a.k.a. Wreath Cookies, perfect for the holidays and for giving away as edible gifts. They are easy to make, gluten-free, egg-free, and can be dairy-free.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with DOLE and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. All the opinions are honest and 100% mine.
Hello, lovelies! We whipped up a huge batch of the best cookies EVER– No Bake Cookie Butter Oatmeal Cookies (a.k.a. Wreath Cookies)– to give away to some deserving folks, such as a few of my kids’ teachers. Aren’t they cute and festive?
They are made with simple ingredients like rolled oats, cookie butter, brown sugar, unsalted butter, vanilla, coconut flakes, DOLE Fruitocracy, candy melts, dried cranberries and pistachios.
Pretty much all one has to do is to mix some of the ingredients together, shape the mixture into small wreaths, refrigerate, and cover with melted white chocolate or candy melts, and then sprinkle chopped pistachios and dried cranberries on top. Easy peasy!
Besides not requiring baking, they are gluten-free, egg-free, and can be dairy-free. They make beautiful edible gifts for the holidays, as you can see!
Dole Fruitocracy, one of the ingredients, comes in a variety of flavors such as apple banana (used in this recipe to substitue for milk), apple pineapple, apple strawberry, etc… but each is made from all-natural fruit, with no refined sugar, no GMO ingredients, and no high-frutose corn syrup additives. It tastes like a delicious flavored apple sauce, but without the bad stuff. The product itself makes for a healthy snack, and can be enjoyed at home or conveniently transported anywhere you go.
It also helps moms like us to prepare some of our favorite family treats…these Cookie Butter Oatmeal Cookies are just one example among many. 😉
The holidays are ringing out loudly… we can see the signs anywhere we go. I believe that things made with love and care are the best things to give away to those who make our lives meaningful, or who work so hard for us the entire year… such as teachers, fire fighters, health professionals and so on.
Our Cookie Butter Oatmeal Cookies were a hit at home, as well as among those who received them as gifts– our very own special way of saying, ‘Thank You!’
To you, who have also been part of my cooking journey: THANK YOU (a zillion times)!!!! I can’t ship a box of these yummy cuties to you, but you can count on this recipe full of love.
From my family to yours,
No Bake Cookie Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Wreath Cookies)
- 3 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 pouches DOLE Fruitocracy Apple Banana 3.2 oz, as a milk substitute
- 2 cups light brown sugar 12/3 of honey can be used instead
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter or 1/4 cup, or 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup cookie butter (or peanut butter, or cashew butter)
- 2 cups bright white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fine chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup fine chopped dried cranberries
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the oats, coconut flakes, and vanilla together. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together Dole Fruitocracy, sugar, and butter or coconut oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Make sure to full boil for ONE minute.
- Immediately pour over the oatmeal mixture and stir thoroughly and rapidly. Stir in the cookie butter or peanut butter very well, until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Make sure that mixture is of a consistency to be able to cling on to your finger when held upside down for at least a couple of seconds; otherwise, stir in a bit more oats. Let cool just enough to handle.
- Spoon cookie size scoops (about one tablespoon), roll into balls, place onto waxed paper, flatten with the palm of your hand, and then using the stick of a wooden spoon make a hole in the center of each cookie. Remold the outside of each cookie with your fingers to form a round wreath. Refrigerate and let set until firm, about 20-30 minutes.
- About 2-3 minutes before removing the cookies from the fridge, melt the candy melts or white chocolate until smooth and spread on top of each cookie using the back of a teaspoon. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios and dried cranberries on top and let set. Enjoy!
STORAGE: They can be stored in a clean airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DOLE. The opinions and text are all mine.