A simple, healthy, and delicious Peach Maple Breakfast Pie that combines a crust made of granola, maple syrup, spices, and pecans, topped with a microwave-prepared peach sauce.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with DOLE and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. All the opinions are honest and 100% mine.
What a happy day! Got my kiddos helping me prepare breakfast.... we had pie for breakfast, folks! And we had lots of fun together making this simple yet super-delish Peach Maple Breakfast Pie.
It was good enough to lick the plate for and come back for seconds!
How to make Peach Breakfast Pie
Our breakfast pie was quickly made by mixing granola, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped pecans (optional) to form into a crust.
Then pressing the mixture into a pie/tart pan, and baking for about 10 minutes.
Once cooled, the pie was topped with a sauce made from combining Dole Sliced Peaches, water, and cornstarch in the microwave for a few seconds... and garnished with sliced peaches.
After refrigerating for about 30 minutes, it was ready to be devoured by my hungry kiddos, my hubby, and me.
See? Easy peasy!
It took us only 18 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes to bake, and 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
This is truly something that can be prepared on the weekend with kids or made ahead to be enjoyed on a weekday for breakfast... with a good glass of milk! 😉
About Granola Breakfast Pie Recipe
It is a homey, out-of-the-cereal-routine recipe... yet still rich with fiber and other healthy components.
As a big fan of peaches, I enjoy the fact that I can have them all year round. Dole Sliced Peaches can easily be found jarred at your local supermarket, packing high-quality fruit in 100% real fruit juice, not the sugary syrup that other competitors use.
In addition to helping moms like us prepare tasty recipes like this breakfast pie at home, Dole Sliced Peaches can be conveniently transported as a healthy snack wherever we go.
I also like the fact that Dole, a friendly company that’s been around for over 160 years, appreciates the importance of family heritage and cares about their customers sharing family traditions and values -- and spending time together preparing healthy and yummy meals is a must at my household.
All that I can say is, invite Dole to your home and prepare to be surprised with everything they offer.
I hope you also have fun with your family in the kitchen, and that you enjoy our Peach Maple Breakfast Pie.
Much love from our kitchen!
Peach Maple Breakfast Pie
- pie pan
- 4 cups granola (plus ½ cup for garnishing top of the pie)
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups pure maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup chopped pecans optional
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 jars Dole Sliced Peaches 23.5 oz
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 11-inch pie/tart pan with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 4 cups of granola, flour, spices, maple syrup, and pecans (if desired), stirring until completely combined. Use a greased wooden spoon or spatula to combine ingredients of the crust, or you can spray your hands with no stick cooking spray so that the mixture doesn't stick. Press mixture into greased pie/tart pan.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let pan cool completely on a rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peach sauce. Stir water and cornstarch in a microwave-safe bowl until well blended. Use a fork to mash about 10 sliced peaches, mix in in the water/cornstarch mixture, and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Spread sauce on top of cooled pie and then arrange decoratively about 22-26 Dole Sliced Peaches on top, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Garnish peach maple breakfast pie with ½ cup of granola and serve. It can be topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt if desired. Enjoy! INACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DOLE. The opinions and text are all mine.
Yeah! To easy to make and a pleasure to eat breakfast! This would be a great way to use my homemade granola, scrumptious!
Shashi at RunninSrilankan says
Denise, your peach maple breakfast pie sounds wonderful and the perfect treat for a weekend morning - though I think I'd enjoy this for dessert anytime too 🙂
John/Kitchen Riffs says
Mmmm, pie! And yes, I sometimes have leftover pie for breakfast. Haven't baked one specifically for breakfast, though -- what a brilliant idea! This looks totally perfect -- wonderful recipe. Thanks!
Mi Vida en un Dulce says
And looks very easy to make!!!
BRILLIANT. I always love pie for breakfast, but here's one that I can finally justify eating! Saving this idea and making it ASAP xo
Sugar et al. says
Oh so gorgeous! I'd have this for breakfast, snack and dessert. Such a clever idea!
What this is for breakfast! Well for me I can eat that anytime of the day. Looks delish and pretty
A pie for breakfast... sounds like a dream! It looks so summery and delicious. And your child is so cute!
Little Cooking Tips says
What a beautiful and sweet way to start your day with this breakfast! We love peaches, we love pies and we LOVE this recipe Denise! Great work as usual 🙂 Lots of hugs
Panos & Mirella
Supriya Kutty says
Love the flavours going on here and this would be perfect for breakfast!