Disclosure: This avocado hummus is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
Avocado Hummus Recipe is a no cooking, quick and easy appetizer made with a few simple ingredients, and served with olive breadsticks. It’s perfect for the Holidays!
The holiday season is on! Yay!!! And along with it comes food, of course… and the best eats are handy and tasty, right?!
They don’t have to be heavy in order to be delish. This quick and easy Avocado Hummus will blow your mind — it’s festive, requires no cooking, and is a real crowd-pleaser. Happy?
Now, please raise your hand if you are crazy for hummus dip. Both of mine are raised and waving!!! Yep, yep! How about avocado and dried cranberries?
Our hummus follows the same concept as the classic gluten-free Levantine dip or spread made with chickpeas.
ABOUT AVOCADO HUMMUS RECIPE
We make this avocado hummus with tahini (sesame seed) paste, lemon juice, seasonings, garlic, and olive oil.
The addition of avocado is the twist!
We then top this hummus dip with dried cranberries, which gives the dip a Christmasy touch, while adding a sweet-sour flavor that contrasts so well with the savory taste of the hummus.
Just serve the avocado hummus with Italian Mulino Bianco breadsticks — available in two delish and savory flavors, Sfilati Tomato and Sfilati Olives.
We served our hummus with the latter! These breadsticks add a great crunch that contrasts with the creaminess of the dip.
ABOUT MULINO BIANCO BREADSTICKS
Since 1877, Mulino Bianco has been perfecting its recipe for each product, always maintaining the same standards of high quality for all of them.
Because as you may know, when it comes to food, Italians are very demanding about products, ingredients, and flavors– no matter whether it is dinner, a simple snack or an appetizer.
Another bit of good news is that we don’t have to travel to Italy to find these breadsticks.
They are available at an HEB near you, as well as all of the other ingredients used in our Avocado Hummus Recipe.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO HUMMUS
- Blend canned chickpeas or garbanzo beans, avocado, tahini paste (optional), garlic, salt, ground pepper and cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley in a blender until creamy and smooth.
- Then, place mixture into a serving bowl and serve with the Mulino Bianco Sfilati Olive breasticks. Voila! Could it be easier than that?
For more yummy holiday recipes like ours, visit the Mulino Bianco website.
There you can also obtain more info about their other products as well, and locate them at a local store near you.
Well, enjoy the best time of the year, along with our tasty Avocado Hummus and brined turkey.
TO PIN & ENJOY!
Quick & Easy Avocado Cranberry Hummus Dip
- 2 cups drained canned chickpeas or garbanzo beans (reserve ½ cup of the liquid)
- 2 small avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (sesame seed) paste, optional
- ¼ cup olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ - ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 package Mulino Bianco Sfilati Olive breasticks
- Place all ingredients (except cranberries and breadsticks) into a blender, including the reserved liquid from the canned chickpeas. Blend all until creamy and smooth. Spoon hummus into a serving bowl. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top. Then, garnish with dried cranberries on the side and parsley leaves. Serve Avocado Cranberry Hummus with the breadsticks and enjoy!
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.