Mini Black Forest Pancake Donuts that are baked, quick and easy to make, and super delicious. They make the perfect after-school snack and cure for night time cravings.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Promised Land Dairy and #WeAllGrow Latina. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with and love.
After-school snacks and nighttime cravings... well, at my household they make the perfect excuse to eat the most outrageously delicious small bites of the day. These Mini Black Forest Pancake Donuts say it all...
... They are baked, easy and quick to make, eye-popping, and bite-sized, yet packed with plenty of flavor. They make you happy just looking at them, wouldn't you agree?
The batter is made from pancake mix, an egg, butter, sugar, cocoa powder (optional), and Promise Land Midnight Chocolate Milk -- which by the way is made with Natural Milk from the finest Jersey Cows. And no, these are not cows from New Jersey but the ones from the gorgeous British Isle of Jersey. 🙂
This means that the milk they produce is far from ordinary. It’s richer, creamier, and naturally higher in protein and calcium than ordinary milk. In addition, Promise Land Milk doesn't add hormones, and is tested for antibiotics. It makes drinking milk a pleasure!
You can purchase it at H-E-B supermarket in the dairy aisle!
It pairs very well with our delish Black Forest Pancake Donuts, which were topped with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings. My kids (hubby and me too!) went crazy for them... so crazy that the entire batch was devoured after school, all while drinking Promise Land Midnight Chocolate milk.
My hubby and kids were so excited that I didn't have enough time to make a secret stash to enjoy later on at night.
And the thing is, they kept me asking when I was going to make them again -- to which I replied: " pretty soon." I just didn't tell them that next time I would keep some all for myself. Ya know... night cravings are a thing! 😉
For more yummy recipes like this one, visit the Promise Land website. You can also follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more info and updates.
Well, for now, enjoy love at first bite!
Mini Black Forest Pancake Donuts
- 1 ⅓ cups pancake mix
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tablespoons Promised Land Midnight Chocolate Milk (divided)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon baking cocoa powder (divided)
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted (plus more to grease donut pan)
- Whipped cream to pipe on top
- 8 maraschino cherries drained and halved
- Chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease mini donut pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix with ⅓ cup of Promised Land Midnight Chocolate Milk, 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar, the egg, and 1 Tablespoon melted butter. Whisk just until batter is homogeneous, without lumps.
- Either pipe or carefully spoon donut mixture into the greased mini donut pan to ½ full. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing by whisking together 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Milk, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, and ½ cup powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Make sure mixture is homogeneous and smooth (not lumpy). Set aside.
- Once donuts have baked, remove pan from the oven. Let donuts cool to warm temp and remove them from the pan. Dip the tops of the donuts into the icing and let set. Right before serving, pipe whipped cream on top and garnish with a halved cherry and chocolate shavings, if desired. Enjoy!
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Borden Promised Land and WeAllGrow Latina Network. The opinions and text are all mine.
My mom loved Black Forest Cake! These scrumptious little donuts remind me of her, bravo Denise!
Karen (Back Road Journal) says
I wouldn't have thought to use pancake mix for donuts…I bet they disappear almost instantly.
I like a good slice of Black Forest Cake, a classic in Germany, but I have never had it in donut form. Sounds and looks delicious!
John/Kitchen Riffs says
Neat idea! I love Black Forest anything, but I think you've taken the flavor to another level. Thanks!
Yum! this is perfect dessert or a snack beside a god cup of coffee
This is so interesting Denise, using pancake mix to make donuts, and I am loving the idea of adding chocolate milk to the batter...looks great!
I hope you are enjoying your week 🙂
These little donuts look amazing, I can see why you would want to have a secret stash, black forest cake is my favorite.
Little Cooking Tips says
So deeeelicious! First, congrats for the new website Denise! We totally get what you mean, when you emailed all of us of your intentions to broaden the array of available recipes/dishes. We're also focused on Greek/Mediterranean cuisine, but we love to share sometimes something that doesn't belong to neither:)
As for this recipe, like we said it's sooooo deeelicious!!! We honestly can't wait to try it out, and pinned it immediately!:)
Wishing you all the best with the new site, we're confident it'll be as much a success as the previous one:)
Sending you lots and lots of hugs!
Mirella and Panos
Denise Browning says
Thank you so much! You guys are in the list of my fave blogger friends.
I found myself willing to share what I have learned about American cuisine as well in these 15 years living in the USA... and also because I do have a multicultural family. I hope people enjoy it!
Sending much of love from Texas to you both. xx
Anna @ shenANNAgans says
Shut the front door.... what an outstanding donut flavour. I am going to make these little beauties and bring to work to share with my colleagues for morning tea. So much yum!