Mini Black Forest Pancake Donuts that are baked, quick and easy to make, and super delicious. They make the perfect after-school snack and cure for night time cravings.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Promised Land Dairy and #WeAllGrow Latina. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with and love.
After-school snacks and nighttime cravings… well, at my household they make the perfect excuse to eat the most outrageously delicious small bites of the day. These Mini Black Forest Pancake Donuts say it all…
… They are baked, easy and quick to make, eye-popping, and bite-sized, yet packed with plenty of flavor. They make you happy just looking at them, wouldn’t you agree?
The batter is made from pancake mix, an egg, butter, sugar, cocoa powder (optional), and Promise Land Midnight Chocolate Milk — which by the way is made with Natural Milk from the finest Jersey Cows. And no, these are not cows from New Jersey but the ones from the gorgeous British Isle of Jersey. 🙂
This means that the milk they produce is far from ordinary. It’s richer, creamier, and naturally higher in protein and calcium than ordinary milk. In addition, Promise Land Milk doesn’t add hormones, and is tested for antibiotics. It makes drinking milk a pleasure!
You can purchase it at H-E-B supermarket in the dairy aisle!
It pairs very well with our delish Black Forest Pancake Donuts, which were topped with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings. My kids (hubby and me too!) went crazy for them… so crazy that the entire batch was devoured after school, all while drinking Promise Land Midnight Chocolate milk.
My hubby and kids were so excited that I didn’t have enough time to make a secret stash to enjoy later on at night.
And the thing is, they kept me asking when I was going to make them again — to which I replied: ” pretty soon.” I just didn’t tell them that next time I would keep some all for myself. Ya know… night cravings are a thing! 😉
Well, for now, enjoy love at first bite!
Mini Black Forest Pancake Donuts
- 1 1/3 cups pancake mix
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Promised Land Midnight Chocolate Milk (divided)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon baking cocoa powder (divided)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted (plus more to grease donut pan)
- Whipped cream to pipe on top
- 8 maraschino cherries drained and halved
- Chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease mini donut pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix with 1/3 cup of Promised Land Midnight Chocolate Milk, 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar, the egg, and 1 Tablespoon melted butter. Whisk just until batter is homogeneous, without lumps.
- Either pipe or carefully spoon donut mixture into the greased mini donut pan to 1/2 full. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing by whisking together 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Milk, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Make sure mixture is homogeneous and smooth (not lumpy). Set aside.
- Once donuts have baked, remove pan from the oven. Let donuts cool to warm temp and remove them from the pan. Dip the tops of the donuts into the icing and let set. Right before serving, pipe whipped cream on top and garnish with a halved cherry and chocolate shavings, if desired. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Borden Promised Land and WeAllGrow Latina Network. The opinions and text are all mine.