Darn delicious gluten-free marbled orange brownies that are fudgy with a mild orange flavor. They are addictive and can be served for breakfast too! Who wouldn’t like to have brownies for breakfast?
Howdy!!! Christmas will be here in just a few days and I’m still running around trying to finish preparing and delivering all of the presents… Phew!!!
Well, since we can’t forget all our gluten-free friends, let’s whip up a batch of these fudgylicious gluten-free marbled orange brownies (made from OATS, with contrasting textures and a hint of orange) to give away as holiday food presents.
There is only one problem: Don’t love them so much that you eat them all — like I did! 🙂
Although I’m not gluten-intolerant, I devoured them quick, enjoying every bite. This is definitely one of those GF treats that doesn’t taste like CARDBOARD. 🙂
I don’t know what it is, but I found them comforting and addictive. There is something about oats, chocolate, and a hint of citrus from the orange, combined with the fudgy texture, that make me crave these orange brownies.
Since I cannot make anything without sampling it, my strategy will be to double the batch next time: one for me and the other for my friends…
The best way to make everyone happy, don’t you think? They are mildly sweet, making them ideal not as a dessert, but even as a breakfast treat.
Enjoy our orange brownies and catch a glimpse of your friends’ smile. I hope you have enjoyed all our presents from the kitchen this month!!!
Thank you for your love and support for almost 3 years — one of the best presents that this gal could ever have.
Wishing your and your family a very, very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Gluten-Free Marbled Orange Brownies
- For the brownie batter:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 2 large navel oranges
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- For the Sour Cream Swirl:
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- For Garnishing: optional
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling EVOO
- 2 large oranges
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil (both bottom and sides) and grease with olive oil no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Reserve.
- To prepare the marbled orange brownies: In a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cocoa powder with olive oil at low speed until mixed.
- Then, beat in the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Add the reserved dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) and beat at low speed just until well combined.
- Stir in the orange extract, juice, and zest. Then, fold in chocolate chips or chunks. Spread brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- To prepare the sour cream swirl: Stir together sour cream, sugar, and orange zest in a small bowl and then dollop in several spots over the surface of brownie batter.
- Use the blunt edge of a knife to swirl it in, so as to create a marbled effect. Do not overmix!
- Bake for approximately 30-38 minutes or until center is set. Remove pan from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownie out of pan.
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut into 9 equal-sized orange brownies, wiping clean after each cut.
- Serve either chilled or bring to room temperature before serving.
- Right before serving, garnish top of orange brownies with a thin drizzle of EVOO and orange curls. If you are giving them away, skip the drizzle of EVOO.
- NOTEhttps://www.easyanddelish.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=9865&action=edit#: To make the orange curls, use a lemon zester tool to take the zest off of the oranges (thin, long strips). Toss the orange strips with granulated sugar in a ramekin and curl them.
STORAGE: Store sliced, ungarnished orange brownies in a clean, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.