I don’t know about in your country, but in Brazil we use the kitchen blender for almost everything, including for making pizza dough. That’s right! I hope you are at least curious because today we will be making a no knead, no fuss, super quick kitchen blender pepperoni pizza (or pizza de liquidificador)… using ingredients that everyone has in their pantry.
For this recipe, you will need to blend whole milk, an egg, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in the blender and then pour into a greased pizza pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, top with your favorite tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, and then bake again until the cheese is melted. And that’s it! See how easy it is?
Another advantage of this kitchen blender pepperoni pizza is that you won’t have to put your hands in the dough… yes, you heard that right, this is no knead pizza, all without spending big bucks.
The result? A delicious thick crust pizza with a popular topping that will leave you grinning from ear to ear. After all, making a delicious pizza has never been so easy, right?
But don’t worry… if you don’t have a blender, you can easily mix the ingredients by hand… if you don’t have a pizza pan, use a baking sheet… and if you are not a fan of pepperoni, feel free to create your own topping. And yes, the dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. As you can see, there is no excuse for not trying this at home. 🙂
In Brazil we call it pizza de preguiçoso (lazy man’s pizza)… that may be the case, but it makes one’s life much, much easier and quicker. Mothers and busy bees take note!
Now tell me, who out there is lazy like me? 🙂
Kitchen Blender Pepperoni Pizza (No knead, No Fuss)
- For the dough:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1½ cups plus 2½ tablespoons all-purpose flour (for a GF version, use a GF flour)
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or just enough for a thin layer
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or more, or other melting cheese of your choice
- Pepperoni slices
- leaves Fresh oregano or dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a blender, blend together the milk, butter, egg, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the flour, little by little, and blend until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. You may have to stop the blender a few times to mix with a wooden spoon and loosen flour from the sides of the blender. Once everything is well beaten, add the baking powder and stir well to incorporate it to the mixture.
- Pour batter into a butter greased pizza pan and spread with a spatula. Make sure to form a thin layer of dough. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza crust from the the oven, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on top, top with the cheese and pepperoni. Bake again --- this time for 10-15 minutes. Serve with oregano leaves on top (and red pepper flakes if desired). Yield: 1 (16-inch) pizza or 2 (8-inch) pizzas.
TOPPING: You can also create you own!!!
STORAGE: Pizza dough can be baked for 10 minutes, allowed to cool, wrapped, and then frozen for up to 3 months.