Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Ricos Products for this shrimp nachos recipe. All opinions are 100% mine alone, as always. #RicosCheesePlease
Game On Shrimp Skillet Nachos that are easy to make with tortilla chips, nacho sauce, shrimp, avocados, and salsa. This ONE-SKILLET dish makes the perfect pick-me-up for games or casual entertaining.
Do you love watching sports, like March Madness? How about Major League Baseball? No matter what is your answer is, these Shrimp Nachos are game on!
They are rich, satisfying, and quick to prepare, making the perfect treat for games and casual entertaining, too.
How to Prepare our Shrimp Skillet Nachos
To prepare them, all we need to do is season shrimp with a store-bought taco seasoning mix. Heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add oil, and cook shrimp for about 4 minutes.
Then, squeeze on lime juice and place on a plate or in a bowl.
Layer a thick layer of chips, both purple and yellow, in the same skillet used to cook the shrimp. Drizzle the nacho cheese over the chips, spoon on half of the cooked shrimp, and scatter on the shredded cheese. Repeat layering once more.
Next, bake at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, top nachos with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, Serrano or jalapeno peppers, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Serve warm with sour cream and/or lime wedges.
This is the type of recipe that doesn’t require any special skills and is quick to make. I am telling you, honey, this is one of the tastiest appetizers ever.
In addition, all the ingredients for our Shrimp Skillet Nachos are conveniently available at Walmart — including Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce which is trans fat FREE and made with no hydrogenated oils.
It can be used as an ingredient for a dish, a topping, or a dip. Just heat and eat! Basically, fun food for a fun world. 😉
Actually, Ricos has a entire line of cheese sauces that are great for parties, birthdays, holidays, bbqs & other occasions. For more info about Rico’s cheese sauces, delicious recipes like this one and also our Pizza Bomb Nachos, take a look at their website!
But no, that’s not all! Would you like a chance to win a 2018 Ford F-150? Learn how to participate and also ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES HERE , which goes live from 1/15/18 to 5/31/18!!!
Just picture yourself driving that truck everywhere. 😉 Good luck!
Are you ready? The game is on… with our champion Shrimp Skillet Nachos. 😉
PIN & ENJOY!
Game On Shrimp Skillet Nachos
- 1 pound Extra Large shrimp (raw, shell and tail-off), thawed and pat dry
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (original)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large and juicy lime, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) bags tortilla chips (one purple and one yellow)
- 1 (15-ounce) can Rico's Gourmet Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or other, shredded (optional)
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions (optional)
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced (or jalapeno if preferred)
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Season shrimp with the taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl.
- Then, heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add oil, and cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on one side and turn to cook another 2 minutes. . S
- Squeeze on half of a lime and place on a plate or in a bowl.
- Layer a thick layer of chips, both purple and yellow, in the same skillet used to cook the shrimp.
- Drizzle the nacho cheese over the chips, spoon on half of the cooked shrimp, and scatter on the shredded cheese. Repeat layering once more
- Next, bake for about 5-10 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, top nachos with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, pepper, and chopped cilantro, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the garnishes.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.