To me, nothing screams summer like thirst-quenching tropical drinks and grilled foods... "So why not to combine two of my faves into one?" I thought. 🙂 A super-refreshing and tasty Sparkling Pineapple Mint Juice garnished with Grilled Pineapple was exactly what I prepared and enjoyed with my family recently. We loved it so much that I had to share it with you. Folks, this is more than a drink... It's a drink with eats! 🙂
The combination of pineapple...
...and mint is not new.
In Brazilian cuisine, it is commonly used in teas, popsicles and ice cream, beverages and alcoholic drinks, and the list goes on and on. In fact, I used this pineapple-mint combo of flavors as an inspiration for our beverage for today.
The difference is, I used sparkling water instead of regular water, and garnished our drink with grilled pineapple...
... these few simple touches created a delicious summer drink with a creative presentation. You can have our sparkling pineapple mint juice as it is, or transform it into a cocktail drink by adding a bit of cachaça, white rum, vodka, or white wine. If you are not a fan of sparkling water, you can use regular water instead-- as we do in Brazil. It's really up to you.
Our sparkling pineapple mint juice is great for parties, get-togethers, BBQ's, and other casual events... or just to enjoy for no reason at all! It's something to drink and nibble on all at once.
Make it, enjoy, and have an awesome summer!
Sparkling Pineapple-Mint Juice with Grilled Pineapple
- 1 large fresh ripe pineapple peeled, cored, and cut mostly into chunks/cubes (reserve about 8 to 12 cubes and 4 to 6 small to medium triangles to garnish the drink)
- 6 cups chilled sparkling water (if desired, use regular water)
- 10 leaves fresh mint large leaves (plus more to garnish)
- 1½ cups white granulated sugar
- Crushed ice
- Reserve about 8 to 12 cubes and 4 to 6 small to medium triangles to grill and garnish the drink if desired. In a blender, blend together the remaining pineapple chunks, sparkling water or regular water, mint leaves, and sugar until obtaining a smooth mixture. Strain the mixture, place into a pitcher with as much crushed ice as desired, and garnish with mint leaves and grilled pineapple triangles. The grilled pineapple cubes can be inserted by two's onto picks to garnish the top of each of the 4-6 glasses, as shown in the pictures.
- To grill the pineapple, brush a hot griddle with vegetable oil and grill both the reserved pineapple chunks and triangles on all sides until grill marks appear, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side. Let cool down and garnish the drink.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
What a timely post! Yesterday when I went to the grocery store, the Monday special was fresh pineapples! I haven't purchased a fresh pineapple in ages. your lush post is just the inspiration I need!
This does scream summer in every way possible. Mint, pineapple and soda, hey, it's a winner. I like your touch of the grilled pineapple.
Abbe @ This is How I Cook says
This sounds so refreshing and grilled pineapple is so delicious! Now maybe I would just add a touch of vodka!
Coffee and Crumpets says
I love this! Pineapple, mint amd my fave sparking water! Love the grilled pineapple ok, it's one of my favourite things during grilling season.
Little Cooking Tips says
This is a great summer treat Denise! We already see ourselves enjoying this (and lifting the glasses to honor you) when we'll be in Evia for our vacation. Fresh mint from the garden in front of us in the veranda, peaceful surrounding and a delicious drink (and snack!) 🙂
Have a wonderful day dear!
Panos and Mirella
Sugar et al. says
Summer or winter, who doesn't love pineapple and mint! Such gorgeous photos! The grilled pineapple sounds and looks DIVINE!
John/Kitchen Riffs says
Wowzer! What a terrific looking drink! And the garnish is gorgeous! Thanks so much.
Chris Scheuer says
This looks like a perfect summer drink Denis. So pretty and so enticing!
Mi Vida en un Dulce says
Ohhh...it's just perfect for a sunny day 🙂
Anna @ shenANNAgans says
Totes giving this the guys in the bar at my work, we shall have a Brazillian themed evening in the Club and serve this delicious, oh so tasty drink. Especially loving the grilled pineapple garnish. Gorgeous Denise!
PS: soak up some summer for me, top of 5c for me. Sigh!