Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Soy Connection by United Soybean Board and Latina Bloggers Connect. As always, all the opinions are mine!
If you think the terms healthy and dessert don’t go together, this super moist Flourless Choco Nut Cake (Bolo de Chocolate com Castanha do Pará) will change your mind. I know, its name is fun… but nothing compared to its decadent taste and all the good stuff that is in it! Don’t believe me? Check it out!
To begin with, our choco nut cake is gluten-free! Ground Brazil Nuts (or any other nut of your choice, which are great sources of protein) substitute for flour in this recipe. And not only that… unsweetened cocoa powder and dark chocolate (loaded with nutrients and antioxidants) combined with soybean oil make this cake a healthy yet scrumptious dessert.
Why soybean oil? Yes, it does make this cake moist — as is any oil-based cake…
… the difference is really its benefits, which make it perfect for cooking and baking for the following reasons:
1. Soybean oil contains mostly unsaturated fats and 0g trans fats per serving, and when it replaces saturated fats such as butter, it may lower cholesterol. It is high in good fats, both monosaturated and polysaturated;
2. It’s a great source of vitamin E which prevents cell damage that may lead to diseases such as cancer and heart disease;
3. Serves as a principal source of omega‐3s which can help reduce blood pressure and prevent heart disease;
4. Soybean oil has a neutral flavor that helps us create some of our favorite traditional meals without compromising taste;
5. Although you may not realize it, it’s one of the most versatile ingredients in your pantry… it simply accounts for approximately 55% of vegetable oil used in homes! Just check the ingredient label to be sure. For more soybean oil information, click HERE.
As you can see, soybean oil is great for you! And as if that weren’t enough, The United Soybean Board invites you to check your label and upload a photo of your oil ingredient label HERE , highlighting the soybean oil content, for a chance to win $100 gift cards. The contest is now open and will run until July 16th!
Here is mine…
Enjoy our our flourless choco nut cake and all the benefits of soybean oil. Good luck in the giveaway/contest!
This is a sponsored collaboration on behalf of United Soybean Board #SoyParaSoy and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.