Ho, Ho, Ho… As I promised in our last post, Peppermint Snowflake Bark & 10 Holiday Money Saving Tips, I have prepared a useful list of 15 Inexpensive Christmas Food Gifts especially for those of you who are on Santa’s list of good boys and girls. 🙂 Most of our Christmas food gifts are homemade and easy to prepare, letting you save a nice chunk of money. Happy?
OK then, let’s get started…
1. PEPPERMINT SNOWFLAKE BARK — The first treat of our 15 Christmas food gifts is festive and quick to prepare (more time spent chilling in the fridge than actually preparation). The average cost was about $1.66 for 2 snowflakes, yet they look like they were bought from a candy shop!!!
2. BRIGADEIROS — Made from a few, inexpensive ingredients, these chocolate fudge balls are a crowd-pleaser. Place them in a paper box decorated with a bow, stand back, and see the recipients smile.
3. OREO COOKIE BALLS — Who doesn’t love Oreos? Or cream cheese? Make a bunch, decorate with red sprinkles, and you’re ready to go. These will make any Cookie Monster happy.
4. COCONUT KISSES — Super tasty and ridiculously easy to make, these are fudge snowballs without the fuss.
5. WINTER WHITE RED VELVET FUDGE from The Café Sucré Farine — Speaking of Christmas food gifts, these white and red fudge squares from my friend Chris are gorgeous and are already an Internet hit.
6. CHRISTMAS MARSHMALLOW POPS from Glorious Treats — Wrap them individually, or stick several in a mug (like a bouquet), wrap with cellophane, and tie with a bow.
7. EGGNOG LOGS from Taste of Home — Made mostly from ingredients that are already stocked in one’s pantry, these are way cute… and a single batch yields 4-1/2 DOZEN. This means that with one batch you can make enough to give to just about everybody… Christmas food gifts both for both the giver and recipients.
8. VANILLA AND PEPPERMINT COVERED PRETZEL RODS from Host The Toast — A treat for you salty-sweet combo lovers out there…
9. GINGERBREAD COOKIE BUTTER from The Newlywed Chefs — If your friends are Nutella fans, they will fall in love with this seasonal butter.
10. WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PEPPERMINT POPCORN from About a Mom— It’s like bringing all the joy of a great Christmas movie to your mouth!
11. PEPPERMINT OREO LOLLIPOPS from Candiquick — Folks, these are almost too pretty to eat… but too tempting not to! 🙂
12. CANDY GARLAND from Taste of Home — Buy pretzels, dip in melted chocolate, and decorate them like a garland…
13. CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT STICKS from Country Living — Just perfect for dipping in a cup of hot cocoa, don’t you think?
14. HOT COCOA ON A STICK from Make and Takes — Who said that hot cocoa has to be sipped in a mug? Ah, and even the marshmallow on top is included!
15. CHRISTMAS RICE KRISPIES TREES from The Decorated Cookie — What delightful Christmas food gifts… these trees enchant both adults and children.