Easter Rabbit Hole Cookies are easy and quick to prepare… basically they are made with a mixture of 5 ingredients: Nutella, an egg, melted butter, flour, and sugar. They are then baked for about 8 minutes, topped with piped Nutella, and decorated with icing bunny paws.
Easter is coming up just a couple of weeks from now! And these easy, quick, and fun Easter Rabbit Hole Cookies will be our sweet treat for this year!!! They are made from 5 simple ingredients and don’t require any refrigeration in order to bake. Although decadent, they are still guilt-free since they are small-portioned. 😉
To prepare these Rabbit Hole Cookies, all you need to do is mix together Nutella, an egg, melted unsalted butter, flour, and sugar in a bowl. Then place about 2 teaspoons of the cookie mixture into each ring of a mini donut baking pan, bake for about 8 minutes, and decorate them with piped Nutella and store-bought icing bunny paws. Voila! The cutest and most delish Easter treats are ready to delight both the eyes and the palate of the most demanding eaters.
I am tellin’ ya! They are so easy and fun to prepare that they make a great cooking project for children… and therapy for adults in the midst of another holiday! Not only are they great for your Easter table, but also for giving away as Easter presents!
In addition, do you observe Lent? If so, you gotta try some of our favorite dishes made from seafood such as our 10-Minute One Pan Seafood in Pesto Sauce and Codfish Shepherd’s Pie. They make great main dishes for your Easter table.
As I suggested in our last post, keep everything simple yet delicious. It will save you time and energy to enjoy the celebration with your loved ones.
I hope that you try our cute Rabbit Hole Cookies and… yes, that you save some for yourself to enjoy later, before they disappear in the blink of an eye. They are simply addictive… my hubby and kids can attest to that! Hehe!
5-Ingredient Easter Rabbit Hole Cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons Nutella or Chocolate Hazelnut Spread or 12 oz, plus more to pipe on top of the cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 5 oz all-purpose flour about 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 oz granulated sugar 1/3 cup
- Wilton Bunny Paws to garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all first 5 ingredients together using a wooden spoon at first and then, finish by hand. Make sure to obtain a dough that is homogeneous and slightly crumbly, yet soft enough to roll into balls. Dough should have a fudge-like consistency.
- Using a teaspoon for measurement, scoop about 2 teaspoon at a time and place into the well of a mini donut baking pan. Make sure to press dough and mold in such a way that the hole in the center is not covered with dough. Bake for about 7- 8 minutes and let cool. Invert pan over a large baking sheet and if necessary beat with a spatula to remove them from the mold. Pipe Nutella on top of each cookie and decorate with a pair of store-bought icing bunny paws or sprinkles of your choice. Clean the donut baking pan and repeat the process. Yield: 36 cookies.