Strawberry Brigadeiros are fudgy candies made from sweetened condensed milk, strawberry gelatin, unsalted butter, and granulated sugar. They are cute and make great party treats!
Valentine’s Day is almost here…. Who is going to be your Valentine?
Mine devoured these gluten-free fudgy and delish Strawberry treats, which are simply called moranguinho in Portuguese. Aren’t these Brazilian candies cute?
How to make strawberry brigadeiros (Strawberry Fudge)
They are also quick and easy to make. That’s right! All you need are 4 ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, strawberry gelatin, unsalted butter, and granulated sugar.
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a non-stick pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the bottom of the pan can be seen.
Spread onto a greased plate and let cool. Then roll into balls, shape like strawberries, and sprinkle sugar on top. Garnish strawberry fudge with a clove and place into bonbon cups. See? Easy peasy!
They are as easy to make as our beer brigadeiros , another fave of many male Valentines.
They can be served on a tray or placed into bonbon boxes to surprise your Valentine with something unique.
The red color and luscious flavor of this strawberry fudge are a real declaration of love…
But of course, they make more than just good Valentine treats….just as this strawberry gelatin dessert! In Brazil, they are served at birthday parties and other occasions. Sometimes I make them just because… 😉
I hope you and your Valentine enjoy our strawberry brigadeiros!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Get the recipe for chocolate brigadeiro recipe.
Learn everything you ever wanted to know about brigadeiro and its variants and history.
Who is your Valentine? And what’s his/her fave treat? I’d love to hear your plans how to celebrate the day!
Other dessert recipes:
4-Ingredient Strawberry Brigadeiros (Moranguinho)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 1/2 package strawberry gelatin powder i.e. half of 3 oz (85 g) package-- it can be diet gelatin if you wish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar to sprinkle
- Cloves to garnish
- Whisk the condensed milk and strawberry gelatin powder together until obtaining a homogeneous mixture (without lumps). Then, stir in the butter.
- Cook in a medium non-stick saucepan or skillet over medium-low to medium heat (large burner), stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and starts to peel away or show the bottom of the pan when you scrape it with your wood spoon (about 5-8 minutes). The strawberry fudge mixture should be thick enough to reveal the bottom of the pan for a couple of seconds before the mixture levels out again.
- When the strawberry fudge is ready, remove from the stove and spread mixture onto a plate greased with butter.
- Let cool to room temperature before starting to roll them into balls with greased hands. Use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon as measure. Then, shape them into strawberry shapes and dredge gently in sugar or sprinkle sugar all around until totally covered. Place into paper bonbon cups and garnish each with a clove as a "stem," as seen in the pictures. Enjoy!