When temperatures start to fall, soups and more soups are what many of us crave. With that in mind, I created a list of 12 warm and comforting winter soups from several different blogs that are both easy to prepare and deliver a one-pot, complete meal. Ready?
There is a soup for everyone! Healthy, hearty, creamy, chunky, vegetarian, vegan, with different types of meats or seafood, gluten-free, with different starches (potato, rice, pasta, beans, lentils, roots), and the list goes on and on…
OK! So here are our winter soups:
- Healthy Creamy Pumpkin Soup || From Brazil To You — Crazy for pumpkin? Me too! So let’s savor it in a much healthier way as well… This soup will prove that healthy can be super duper delicious, comforting, and satisfying. Try our pumpkin, yogurt-based soup and fall in love with it at first bite.
- Grandma’s Chicken Soup || From Brazil To You — I don’t know about yours, but my Grandma used to make the best food ever. It was so simple, yet one could sense all of the love poured into her food. This chicken soup is no exception, guys! In every way possible it really delivers — and all you need is chicken, rice, vegetables, and eggs, if desired. A complete, comforting, gluten-free meal.
- Brazilian Minestrone || From Brazil To You — If you enjoy classic minestrone, this one will be a keeper! Made from black beans, a pasta of your choice, bacon, and vegetables, it is an entire meal in a bowl. Are you a vegetarian? No problem! Skip the bacon and you are good to go. And for the GF eaters, choose a GF pasta and enjoy many, many spoonfuls of this hearty soup.
- Buche’ Perico (Pumpkin and Corn Stew) || Dominican Cooking –Cold and stressed out? Have a bowl of this bright, flavorful soup made from corn, pumpkin, smoked pork chops, and assorted vegetables. Its Dominican name may be intriguing, but the flavors will sweep you off your feet.
- Ravioli Soup || From Brazil To You — Pasta lovers, this one is especially for you! The great thing is, you don’t need to make your own ravioli to have this. Yes, buy your favorite ravioli pasta and cook this clear broth, warming soup. Restaurant quality delivered in about 20 minutes of cooking, but for a bargain price.
- Cream of Broccoli || En Mi Cocina Hoy— this healthy vegetarian soup made from broccoli, oats, onion, garlic, and seasonings is light yet satisfying. Without a doubt, a very comforting option for those wishing to avoid animal protein.
- Shrimp Asopao || Hungry Food Love— If you are a fan of the sea, you gotta make this full-of-sabor shrimp, rice, and vegetable soup. Its tastes and aromas transport you to the Caribbean, but it is ideal to be enjoyed on rainy days. It’s easier to prepare than a gumbo or risotto!
- Sancocho || Smart Little Cookie — This can be defined as Dominican comfort in a bowl… made from pork, assorted vegetables, yuca, corn, green plantains, kabocha squash, and spices. It is usually made in big batches and can feed a lot of people.
- Spicy Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese || From Brazil To You — Either serving it in shot glasses as a winter appetizer or in a bowl as a main dish, this quick soup with a zing will warm your body and put a smile on your face (and on those of your guests).
- Chicken or Turkey Tortilla Soup || Laylita’s Recipes — A hearty soup made from chicken or turkey (the choice is yours!), a few vegetables, spices, stock, and lime juice… topped with Monterey jack, tortilla chips, and avocado. Definitely a great way to take advantage of your Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Carrot, Tomato, and Red Lentil Soup || Brown Sugar and Vanilla — Vegans, we’ve got you covered as well. Check out this marvel of nature that does both your body and your soul a world of good — especially after a long day of work, or during cold weather.
- Potato Bisque || From Brazil To You — Are you a fan of potatoes? Don’t miss the chance to try this easy creamy soup, garnished with chorizo sausage cooked in red wine. You can even have it with a glass of red wine. 😉