Walnut cookies that are made with simple ingredients and easy to prepare. They make a great snack and also yummy edible presents!
Hi, friends! Crunchy and nutty Walnut Cookies, easily prepared with simple ingredients, is the recipe for today. This is a recipe from the cookbook, ‘Del Blog A La Mesa’ from my Chilean fellow blogger, Pilar Hernadez.
ABOUT WALNUT COOKIES RECIPE
This is a walnuts cookies recipe that is simple to prepare and requires no special skills. It only involves beating flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, eggs, salt, and walnuts in the bowl of a mixer, then rolling the mixture into balls, and baking…
Voila, there you have it– delish walnut cookies that are ready to be devoured with milk, coffee, tea, or other of your choice.
Can’t believe it? Well, just check out Pilar’s recipe! Here she is, in her own words:
WHEN TO MAKE WALNUT COOKIES
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES
Easy Walnut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking tray with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder. In a bowl with the mixer on low speed or by hand mix the butter with the sugar and the pinch of salt until it is all integrated. About 3 minutes with the mixer.
- Add one egg and one egg yolk, continue beating at low speed until thoroughly incorporated. Add the sifted flour and baking powder and combine at low speed or working with a fork, you will get a soft dough. Form 30 balls 1" in diameter.
- Roll the balls of dough into the remaining egg white, and then toss with the chopped walnuts, place on the prepared tray and bake for 15-18 minutes until they are brown on the bottom. Let cool on a rack and serve cold. Store in an airtight container for a one week.