6-Ingredient Rainbow Bacon Caprese Pasta Salad is a quick, complete dish that can be served by itself or as a side for bbq and grilled meats. It can be conveniently transported anywhere you go.
Summer is driving me crazy. The soaring temps have driven me to adopt a daily “cold menu”: frozen yogurt, chilled beverages, fruits, veggies, cold cuts of meats, and refreshing chilled dishes such as this Bacon Caprese Pasta Salad.
The advantage of this pasta salad is its versatility. It’s a complete dish that can be served either by itself or a side for bbq and grilled meats, either chilled or warm. It can also be transported in cups or mason jars wherever you go.
It’s colorful, hearty, and quite simple to make… requiring only 6 ingredients. If you are on a gluten-free diet, this is also for you — just use any GF pasta of your choice.
I made this dish with a colorful/rainbow pasta that I had the pleasure of finding in one of my favorite stores. I thought it would be fun for the kids, and also would encourage them to give it a try, despite the fact that there are tomatoes in it. 🙂
If you aren’t opposed to tomatoes like my kids are, you will have no excuse for not trying this dish. Hehe!
How to Make Bacon Caprese Pasta Salad
Cook the pasta of your choice in salted boiling water according to the instructions in the package. Drain!
Place pasta in a large bowl and mix with chopped cooked turkey bacon, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, basil leaves, and balsamic dressing. If you are vegetarian, just omit the bacon.
Cover and refrigerate. Easy peasy! If you would like to make the dressing from scratch, simply whisk olive oil with fresh lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper until homogeneous and thickened.
I am telling you, it is one of the simplest yet most satisfying meals ever. It is like a casserole without the work usually required for making one. Well, enjoy our chilled Rainbow Pasta Salad and stay cool!
Other Salad Recipes to Try:
PIN & ENJOY!
Bacon Caprese Pasta Salad
- 500 grams bow tie pasta I used Livera Pasta Italiana (Farfalle 6 Colors)
- 10 cooked turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500 grams fresh mozzarella pearls
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup balsamic dressing
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to the instructions in the package. Drain!
- Place pasta in a large bowl and mix with turkey bacon, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, basil leaves, and balsamic dressing. If you are vegetarian, just omit the bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serves 4 (main dish) up to 8 (side dish).