A 30-minute gluten-free, easy, and nutritious Spring Potato Salad made with mixed fingerling potatoes tossed with pesto sauce, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, bright spices, sweet tomatoes, artichokes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with the US Potato Board and Honest Cooking. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with and love.
Spring Potato Salad
- 2 lbs mixed fingerling potatoes washed and cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts drained (about 8-10 artichokes), 14-ounce
- 8 sweet tomatoes or yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 3 inches. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, and chili powder until homogeneous. Stir in the crushed red pepper and pesto sauce, and mix well. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place tossed potatoes onto a serving platter and arrange artichokes hearts, tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls on top and sides. Cover and chill in the refrigerator. Right before serving, garnish with basil leaves. Enjoy!
This Spring Potato Salad can be made 1 day ahead.
Potato Chocolate Truffles from Honest Cooking on Vimeo.