Black Bean Pick Me Up
This is one of our 4 bean appetizers. Inspired by a Brazilian drinkable appetizer, 'caldinho de feijão,' this can make you wonder if you are sipping a soup or a warm beverage. It can be served with toast points or pork rinds.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 strips smoked bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Frijoles Negros Machacados
- 1/2 cup water
- salta and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- In a large non stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook chopped bacon until browned (about 4-5 minutes). Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain, and allow to cool.
- Put the black beans and water in a food processor or blender and season with salt and pepper. Blend to a smooth purée. Pour into a non-stick small pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir well, and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir again.
- Pour soup into small heatproof glasses or cups. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, bacon, and chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve hot accompanied by toast points or pork rinds.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.