Black Bean Pick Me Up
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 strips smoked bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Frijoles Negros Machacados
- 1/2 cup water
- salta and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- In a large non stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook chopped bacon until browned (about 4-5 minutes). Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain, and allow to cool.
- Put the black beans and water in a food processor or blender and season with salt and pepper. Blend to a smooth purée. Pour into a non-stick small pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir well, and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir again.
- Pour soup into small heatproof glasses or cups. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, bacon, and chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve hot accompanied by toast points or pork rinds.