Coconut pumpkin pie is an easy and festive mildly sweet spiced pumpkin pie with marbled coconut flavored sour cream topping. A must for Fall!
Pies? Yes, I also love them a lot…
My latest is this Coconut Pumpkin Pie — an easy pumpkin pie with marbled coconut flavored sour cream topping.
I used pumpkin spice to give a warn touch to this spiced pumpkin pie,
Oh, I couldn’t have just one bite… I did gobble up almost the whole thing (all by yourself!).
My sincere advice is make it for your Thanksgiving feast, along with our Spiced Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Caramel Frosting.
It will be party at your table and a party in your mouth!
HOW TO MAKE SPICED COCONUT PUMPKIN PIE
Buying a store-bought gluten-free pie crust like I did, instead of making your own crust, cuts down on your prep time.
This treat can be a gluten-free pumpkin pie if you use a GF crust!
All you have to do is mix the ingredients of the pumpkin filling in a bowl and pour the filling into the pie shell.
Then dollop the quick coconut flavored sour cream mixture on top, and make swirls.
Bake, garnish with crust leaves if desired, and this fabulous pie is ready to go. You see… easy peasy!
If you prefer to have this marbled pumpkin pie for no special reason at all, I won’t blame you.
Of course, pair it with a cup of coffee or tea while gazing at one of your fave cooking mags — like I did– and have some great ‘me time’! 😉
ABOUT OTHER THANKSGIVING DISHES
But I know that desserts are not the only thing we have on Thanksgiving.
Click on these 35 Thanksgiving recipes and we’ll have lots of delish dishes to celebrate the date in style!
I am thankful for you, your readership and support. From my family to yours,
Marbled Coconut Pumpkin Pie
- 1 deep-dish piecrust shell thawed, 9-inch (FOR A GF PIE, use a GF crust)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15- ounce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 1 tablespoon cornstarch (for a GF pie)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or a mixture of spices -- see NOTE
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- Arrange oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place thawed pie crust in the refrigerator while you prepare filling.
- To make filling: In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, sugar, and coconut extract until obtaining an homogeneous mixture; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, flour or cornstarch, salt, coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, dark brown sugar, and eggs.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the refrigerated pie crust. Then, dollop the sour cream mixture on top. Gently swirl with a knife or stick making leaf patterns.
- Bake pie on the bottom rack until the crust just starts to brown, 22 to 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and then continue to bake pie until the crust is lightly brown and the filling no longer wiggles, 25 to 30 minutes longer.
- If needed, use pieces of foil over the crust edges to prevent them from browning. Let cool completely and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before slicing.
- Garnish with baked crust leaves and fresh cranberries only if desired. Enjoy!
- Any leftover marbled coconut pumpkin pie should be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie.
- To make your own pumpkin pie spice for this pie, mix together 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon with 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves);
- To garnish with crust leaves, cut refrigerated piecrusts with leaf-shaped cutters. Arrange them in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Score each leaf with the tip of a paring knife to create details. If desired, prop up the back of some of the leaves with a little wad of aluminum foil rolled into a stick so that they won't bake flat. Brush top with an egg wash (or with water and then sprinkle with white sparkling sugar). Bake at 375 F in a preheated oven for about 5-8 minutes or until cooked golden. Let cool on a wire rack and use to decorate top of the pie as desired.