To all the mothers out there: Happy Mother’s Day! Together we share the same special day and also a love for our kids and for delicious treats. Since I will be the one cooking on this day, I do prefer to having something that I can whip up quickly, yet it is gorgeous, portion controlled, gluten-free, and of course, very yummy… And yes, cheesecake is what came to this mother’s mind this year. 😉 To celebrate our day, I decided to make these No Bake Ombre Blackberry Cups…
Oh, my… oh, my! They are the cutest and most delicious things ever. With only 5 simple ingredients — blackberries, lime juice, cream cheese, sugar, and whipped cream, these no bake ombre blackberry cheesecake cups came to life… and were a hit!
All I had to do was to puree the blackberries with the lime juice. Then, beat softened cream cheese with sugar and whipped cream in a mixer. Divide the cream cheese mixture into 2 bowls and add a bit of the blackberry puree to make different shades of purple. To arrange the cups, I spooned 2 tablespoons of each purple mixture into shot glasses and refrigerated. That’s all!
I am not kidding… in 30 minutes, we made magic in the form of these no bake ombre blackberry cheesecake cups. 😉 But if you are not a fan of blackberries, you are welcome to use any other berry of your choice.
The result? A stunning, scrumptious dessert without too much effort! And that’s my kind of treat!
For more quick and easy sweet treats and also savory dishes, visit our quick and easy recipe index. It will help you celebrate this and any other occasion without fuss.
I hope you enjoy these no bake ombre blackberry cheesecake cups, and most importantly, have a very…
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
No Bake Ombre Blackberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup frozen blackberries thawed
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In a food processor, combine the thawed blackberries with lime juice. Puree well. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese with the sugar until obtaining a homogeneous, creamy mixture. Add the whipped cream and stir until well combined and homogeneous. Divide equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture into 2 bowls. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved blackberry/lime puree into one bowl, making a light purple mixture. Then stir in 4-5 tablespoons of the blackberry puree into the other bowl, making a medium purple mixture.
- Spoon or pipe about 2 tablespoons of the light purple mixture into the bottom of a 90 ml (3 fl. oz) shot glass, then spoon or pipe 2 tablespoons of the medium purple mixture on top of the light purple mixture, and top with 2 tablespoons of the blackberry puree (dark purple), as seen in the pictures. Repeat with the other shot glasses. The amount of each mixture placed into the shot glasses will depend on the size of glasses. The important thing is putting equal amounts of the 3 mixtures into each shot glass. Refrigerate. Serve chilled and enjoy! YIELD: 8-10 (3 fl. oz) shot glasses.