Get these 61 Easy Desserts to Make at Home and quickly satisfy your cravings! Find among them keto, vegan, chocolate, healthy, holiday, kid-friendly, and no-bake desserts that are so easy to prepare that anyone can make them…just like our 75 best easy dinner ideas!
As everyone knows, sweets cravings can strike at any time of day.
Some eateries and bakeries, among them your favorite, may have shut down or have limited menu choices. That’s something we’ve already thought of!
The delicious, simple dessert recipes we’re about to look at can all be made at home in the comfort of your kitchen, and they don’t require any special ingredients.
So, without further ado, here are some easy desserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Sweets and Treats from Scratch
Yes, you can buy sweets and treats in bakeries and grocery stores. But let’s be real: Most don’t taste as good as homemade goodies.
Here are some pros to making them at home:
- You know what goes in them! This is a must especially if you have diet restrictions.
- They cost less! Make one of those Starbucks copycats at home and compare it with the price you pay there.
- You don’t need to slave! All the treats listed here are effortless!
Ingredients and Steps
You can make them with up to 10 simple ingredients (many you may have in your pantry).
Plus, several recipes listed here call for fewer steps.
Types of Treats
There is a large variety to choose from so you won’t get bored!
Find cookies, pies, custards, candies, mug cakes, ice cream and popsicles, sweet bars, and more.
Ready to make them?
Easy Keto Desserts
Keto refers to a diet that is rich in fat, moderate in protein, and low in carbohydrates.
The main concept of the keto diet is to urge your body to stop burning sugar for energy and start burning fat either. They’re easy desserts to make and don’t take long to prepare.
Common ingredients for keto desserts are coconut cream, almond flour, full-fat coconut milk, coconut flour, cacao powder/butter, nuts, full-fat cream cheese, etc.
Besides that, keto desserts don’t contain grains, grain-based flour, and any type of sugar. Mostly, the sweeteners used are erythritol, stevia, and xylitol.
Check out these easy Keto dessert recipes:
- Keto coconut ice cream — Made with 6 simple ingredients, it requires no steeping or churning. A summer treat that is also sugar-free, low carb, and gluten-free!
- Chocolate lava mug cake – A rich, moist, and fudgy low-carb dessert with a warm molten center. Cook this individual portion of chocolate cake in the microwave for 1 minute, and satisfy your craving quickly!
- Peanut butter mug cake with chocolate – Make this low-carb and gluten-free dessert in 1-2 minutes. It is heavenly!
- Keto shortbread cookies with chocolate —They are buttery and rich although you can make them with just 4 ingredients in less than 30 minutes. One of the best low carb desserts, containing only 7 g of net carb each!
- Low carb chocolate chip coconut cookies — Made with almond flour and no added sugar, they are light, soft, and yummy, making the perfect tea time treat!
- Keto fluff cookie dough bars — Enjoy the flavors of edible cookie dough and peanut butter cheesecake fluff in this easy no-bake keto dessert.
Easy No-Bake Desserts
No-bake desserts are three-stage dessert mixes (crust, topping, and filling) that generate a cheesecake or other delicacy when mixed with water, milk, butter, or margarine.
Furthermore, no-bake desserts do not require the use of an oven. Because they are usually basic, they can be prepared with and by kids.
No-bake sweets are also a fantastic option on hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Some ingredients for no-bake cookies must be heated on the stove or in the microwave in some recipes like microwave peanut brittle. In other instances, the minimal ingredients are just combined and served.
There are a lot of no-bake cookie recipes that are very similar.
Most recipes call for sugar (honey or maple syrup), dairy like cream cheese, margarine or butter, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and vanilla essence in some form or another.
Chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or honey might all be added to these easy desserts to make at home.
Check here for easy no-bake dessert recipes:
- Coffee fudge cups – A Brazilian dessert made with sweetened condensed milk, butter, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and heavy cream. Prepare this mocha fudge on the stovetop and eat by spoonfuls!
- No-bake Nutella tart – This 5-ingredient dessert has an Oreo cookie crust and a Nutella filling that is super easy to put together, making an elegant dessert! Garnish it with fresh berries.
- Papaya cream with cassis – Blend fresh papaya and ice cream in the blender and top with cassis (black currant liqueur). In less than 3 minutes, you’ll have one of the most refreshing and creamy desserts ever!
- Passion fruit mousse – Make this summery dessert by blending sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and frozen passion fruit juice in the blender. Then chill and indulge!
- Avocado mousse – Make this 4-ingredient dessert recipe in 5 minutes with ripe avocado, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and sugar. Get a smooth, creamy, and refreshing treat to satisfy your cravings!
- Hot chocolate trifle – This quick dessert requires no cooking and is made with layers of chocolate cookies, chocolate custard, and marshmallow cream. So good!
- No-bake Biscoff cheesecake — It has a Biscoff cookie crust, packed with Biscoff cookie butter, and a hidden layer of Biscoff spread and cookies in the middle.
- Brazilian peanut brittle — Nuttier and more buttery than its American cousin, this treat contains baking soda which helps it to crack nicely even when made during hot and humid weather.
- Deep-fried bananas – One of those quick and easy desserts you can make at home with 5 ingredients and eat warm with ice cream!
- Dulce de leche – Find out how to make dulce de leche with a can of condensed milk in 3 unique ways.
Easy Vegan Desserts
Milk, dairy products (butter, yogurt, cream, milk permeate, cheese, and milk chocolate), honey, eggs, and animal gelatin are not used in vegan desserts.
Almost any classic or popular cake can be quickly and creatively made vegan, that is, without the use of eggs or milk.
On occasions, vegan easy desserts are perfect for preparing since they are simple and require little time.
In recipe ideas, milk is substituted by plant milk (oat, almond, rice, soy, and other plant milk), which can also be flavored with vanilla, chocolate, and others.
Regular butter is also replaced with coconut oil or non-dairy butter (ideally non-hydrogenated). Vegan desserts are plant-based.
Check here for easy vegan dessert recipes:
- Vegan chocolate pot de crème — Blend together coconut milk, dates, and avocado until smooth. Then mix with melted dark chocolate, chill, and indulge in this homemade dessert.
- Vegan dark chocolate bars — Enjoy delicious homemade vegan dark chocolate bars naturally sweetened with maple syrup with no refined sugar added. They call for only 3 ingredients!
- Chocolate banana spring rolls – Make them with just 4 ingredients in 20 minutes. The taste of warm-sweet banana and melted chocolate inside crispy rolls tastes divine
- Vegan chocolate protein pudding — This vegan dessert tastes rich but high in protein thanks to the silken tofu base.
- Vegan blueberry chia pudding — Made with just 4 simple ingredients, this super creamy and healthy treat has lots of blueberry flavors and just a hint of lemon.
- Banana chocolate popsicles — These refreshing sweet treats are a tasty way to use up ripe bananas. They’re one of those easy desserts to make at home in the summertime.
Easy Chocolate Desserts
Chocolate is a food that people crave because it tastes nice, smells good, and feels great when it melts in their mouths.
Chocolate causes dopamine, a feel-good neurotransmitter, to be released into specific areas of the brain, including the frontal lobe, hippocampus, and hypothalamus.
When making chocolate delicacies, better quality chocolate is always worth it.
Cocoa mass, sugar, and cocoa butter are always present in quality chocolate, as is real vanilla and, in certain cases, soy or sunflower lecithin for texture.
It’s simple to make a chocolate dessert. There aren’t many ingredients required for these types of easy desserts that you can make at home.
Furthermore, it is possible to make it from scratch. Chocolate mint bars, chocolate brownies, homemade Reese’s peanut butter cups, and double chocolate cookies are a few.
Check here for easy chocolate dessert recipes:
- Brigadeiro recipe – These Brazilian chocolate fudge balls are made with pantry staples such as condensed milk, butter, and cocoa powder, making the dream of any chocolate lover come true.
- Brigadeirao – This Brazilian chocolate flan is one of the best desserts you will ever have! It is creamy, rich, and super fudgy yet super easy to prepare in the kitchen blender!
- Brigadeiro cookies – These sandwich cookies have store-bought Oreos filled with brigadeiro filling. These are quick and easy treats to put together and beyond rich.
- Skillet s’mores – This 3-ingredient treat has layers of gooey chocolate topped with toasted marshmallows which are scooped up with graham crackers, making a must summer treat everyone will love (including campers).
- Spicy s’mores quesadillas – This out-of-the-box camping dessert is the way that Texas does s’mores. Get a skillet, spread butter on tortillas, and fill them with a sprinkle of cayenne, Graham crumbs, chocolate, and marshmallows. Then finally toast them until crispy outside and gooey inside!
- Chocolate fondue – Enjoy this quick and easy dessert recipe with or without a fondue pot. It calls for only 3 ingredients and comes with suggestions for sweet dippers.
- Homemade chocolate peanut butter cups – Make and enjoy these Reese’s-style or customize them for your next holiday.
Easy Healthy Desserts
Easy healthy desserts are nutritious because they are high in protein, low in carbohydrates, sugar-free, low in fat, and rich in fiber.
They substitute common baking ingredients with healthy ones. People who have diabetes, have heart issues, or simply want to eat healthier may benefit from them.
Whether you’re on a keto, paleo, or low-sugar diet, healthy easy desserts to make at home will fit in.
It allows you to indulge in a real delight without breaking your diet, keeping you to feel your best while also living a healthy lifestyle.
Eating healthy desserts also breaks the psychological cycle of feeling like you’re cheating on your meal plan or eating something unhealthy.
It also prevents you from becoming bloated or experiencing discomfort in your body following an otherwise unhealthy “binge.”
Check here for easy healthy dessert recipes:
- Healthy chocolate fudge mug cake – It is a rich and fudgy treat that you can cook in the microwave with only 5 ingredients in 1-2 minutes. It’s flourless and eggless, and also Paleo, vegan, and gluten-free!
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies – Made with just 4 ingredients, these wholesome cookies are ready in up to 30 minutes. They are soft, chewy, and quite rich, making the perfect snack on the go.
- Peanut butter and jelly cookies – These 4-ingredient, sugar-free cookies are prepared with peanut butter, an egg, flour, and jelly and baked in less than 30 minutes. They are more delish than PB & J sandwiches!
- Nutella cookies – Who doesn’t love Nutella, right? Well, have it without guilt as a filling for these wholesome treats made with oat flour.
- Healthy key lime popsicles – These low-fat popsicles are creamy, refreshing, and have the great zing of fresh key limes. Make them for summer and indulge without guilt!
- Sugar-free gum drops – Enjoy healthy sugar-free gumdrops that are easy to make at home and have just 27 calories and 4g of carbohydrate per serving.
- Baked oats – A high-protein dessert flavored with chocolate and filled with molten chocolate or peanut butter center. Make it easily in the blender and bake until set.
Easy Desserts for Kids
These are easy dessert recipes that children may cook on their own because they are both safe and simple to prepare. These desserts are also pleasurable for children to eat and contain ingredients that they enjoy.
Snow ice cream, chocolate pudding, sweet popcorns, instant pudding, popsicles, cake pops, vanilla ice cream, floats, milkshakes, mug cakes, edible cookie dough, brownies, and cookies are some quick and easy desserts for kids.
These sweets are simple to make, calling for cookie crumbs, a type of dairy, fruits, and anything else you can think of.
Check here for easy dessert recipes for kids:
- Chocolate mousse — Eggless, creamy, and rich, this 3-ingredient no-bake dessert can be made in just 5 minutes in the blender. Kids can put it together by themselves and will want to lick every spoonful!
- Oreo cookie balls – Make this 5-ingredient super treat with your kids. All you need is to mix together cream cheese, Oreo cookie crumbs, and vanilla extract, form into balls and dip in melted chocolate.
- Nutella dip – Your kids can make this 4-ingredient, quick dessert by folding Nutella with store-bought whipped cream. Then chill and eat it with shortbread cookies.
- Chocolate popcorn – Pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave and top with a good drizzle of sweetened condensed milk and M&M’s. Easy, quick, and irresistible, right?
- Deviled strawberries — Halved fresh strawberries topped with a sweet whipped cream that any kid can make and enjoy!
- Butterscotch haystacks — Crunchy chow mein noodles covered in melted butterscotch chips for a 2-ingredient treat that any kid can make in the microwave.
Easy Holiday Desserts
During the holidays, easy dessert recipes are very popular. Besides, desserts are one of the delicacies that may be found on every family’s table.
This time, think outside the box when it comes to holiday easy dessert ideas. These goodies will put the festive spirit in the season in a delicious way, with everything from chocolate bark to rich pies.
Adopt them into your family’s traditions, or trace your ancestors’ roots to some classic delights. Meanwhile, these easy desserts are fun to prepare and take little time, which is a must during busy holidays.
Easy Halloween Desserts
There’s a lot to organize for those of us who like to go all out for Halloween: family costumes, candy for trick-or-treaters, and — if you’re hosting a Halloween party — putting together fun Halloween games to play, crafting spooky DIY decorations, and deciding on your Halloween party food menu.
Pair savory Halloween appetizers with fun Halloween desserts to up the spooky factor of your food spread, which will delight everyone at your party.
Kids and adults will enjoy easy Halloween desserts such as Frankenstein cupcakes, bat cookies, monster doughnuts, and spiderweb candy bark.
Don’t you have baking skills? Don’t worry; some of these simple dessert recipes are as easy as decorating store-bought treats.
Also, if you’re looking for more Halloween easy dessert ideas, check out these recipes for Halloween:
- Halloween rice Krispies — DIY Halloween Treats with store-bought rice Krispies, candy melts, mini M&M’s, and/or candy eyeballs. They are super fun! There is no need to mix rice cereal and marshmallow cream to make these.
- Creepy jello cups – With just 3 ingredients (orange gelatin, boiling water, and gummy body parts), prepare this gluten-free treat in just 10 minutes and have much fun without hassle!
- Frankenstein marshmallow pops – Make this super fun sweet treat with your kids! All that you need are large marshmallows, candy melts, Rolo chocolate, sprinkles, and candy eyes.
- Halloween fruit salad — Looking for easy healthy party food ideas for the kids this Halloween? Get the kids involved with making this super cute and fun buffet-style treat.
- Halloween cakesicles — Four-ingredient, super fun, and cute Halloween treats perfect for a spooktacular party or as homemade trick or treat candy.
- Pumpkin patch cheese pie — Made with a cheesecake pie filling, crushed Oreo cookies with a graham cracker crust. It will make the entire family happy!
Easy Thanksgiving Desserts
Pie is a must-have, but it doesn’t have to be the only dessert on the table, just like a wedding cake.
With these small Thanksgiving treat recipes, you’ll be able to serve as many delights as you want. Everyone gets a taste of everything this way.
If you eat too much savory food, you can still have dessert without feeling stuffed—another pro of bite-sized desserts!
Turkey cupcakes, pumpkin roll, pie recipes, apple pie bars, oreo turkeys, and pumpkin cheesecake are just a few easy desserts to make at home!
But, if you want something ready-made, you can buy store-bought pies.
Check here for easy Thanksgiving desserts recipes:
- Buttermilk pie – This shortcut pie recipe uses a ready-to-bake flaky pie crust and has a creamy filling. It is a must-have Southern dessert for the holidays.
- Pumpkin pie flan – Make the caramel and blend the flan ingredients, then bake it in a bain-marie, and voila… you’ll have a gluten-free treat that is better than pie!
- Pecan pie cookie balls – Tired of traditional holiday desserts? Have pecan pie in form of no-bake cookies and indulge in a hassle-free treat.
- Southern sweet potato pie – This easy pie recipe calls for a store-bought flaky crust and a sweet, creamy filling made with simple ingredients. It is quick to prepare and makes the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving.
- Easy Texas pecan pie – made with light corn syrup, this Thanksgiving dessert has a nutty and sweet ooey-gooey filling with a crunch that indulges any palate.
- Apple hand pies (with dulce de leche) – Individual apple pies made with store-bought pie crust, filled with canned apple pie filling, and drizzled with dulce de leche. They make the perfect treat to enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Easy Christmas Desserts
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! For many home cooks, the holidays are a time for tradition, which includes some famous desserts.
Treat your loved ones to these yummy Christmas treats, from a delicious chocolate yule log to sugarplum sweets.
These must-try easy desserts are not only tasty, but many of them are also perfect for Christmas gifting such as chocolate chip cookies.
Christmas pudding, baked Alaska, gingerbread cookies, classic sugar cookies, fruit cake, and sugarplum sweets are just a few easy desserts to make at home.
These are easy to prepare and make jolly Christmas treats for your holiday dinner party. They are quick and easy desserts to make at home that require fewer ingredients.
Check here for easy Christmas desserts recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Fudge – Did you know you can put this Christmas dessert together in just 5 minutes? This chocolate fudge is topped with toasted marshmallow crème, making any kid (adult) jolly. It’s the best way to EAT your hot cocoa!
- Ginger molasses cookies – There is no Christmas without cookies, right? Well, these cookies bring the warmth of the holidays and are quick and easy to make yet gluten-free!
- Coconut sugar cookies with sprinkles – This cut-out cookie recipe requires no chill time and is decorated for Christmas. You can dive into them in 40 minutes!
- Chocolate chess pie – A classic Southern dessert with a flaky pie crust, fudgy filling, and crackly top.
- Rosette cookies — These Christmas Rosette Cookies look like snowflakes when dusted with powdered sugar for the perfect holiday dessert.
- Rabanadas – An authentic Brazilian dessert soaked in flavored milk, coated in beaten eggs, fried, and sprinkled with sugar cinnamon. It’s more custardy inside and crunchier outside than its American cousin!
- Traditional sugar plums — Wondering if sugar plums are real? Here’s a recipe to make these candies! Truly one of the easy desserts to make at home that is effortless!
- Dessert charcuterie board – A dessert platter that you can easily put together with store-bought treats that your guests enjoy.
Other easy recipes:
- 50 Easy Brazilian Recipes
- 85+Easy Freezer Meals
- 35 Easy Pantry Recipes
- 130 Easy 5-Ingredient or Less Recipes
- 70 Easy Healthy One-Pot Meals
- 30 Easy low carb dinners
- 45 Easy gluten-free dinners
PIN & ENJOY!
In addition to these easy desserts to make at home, take a look at our other easy recipes:
- Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Quick and Easy Recipes (30 minutes or less)
- Easy Keto Recipes
- Easy Gluten-Free Recipes
Explore easy ideas by other courses: